I have not cooked…a thing in 5 days, unless you count me roasting wieners over the fire in our fireplace with the kids or me reheating and tweaking a soup in that same fireplace. So this One Dish Meal – Roasted Chicken with Beans & Tomatoes really hit the spot!
- ⅓ cup grapeseed or olive oil Plus 1 TBS
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Few dashes of red pepper/Cayenne
- 1 teaspoon chili with garlic sauce or Sriracha
- 4 chicken breast halves, boned, but with skin left on (You can use the whole breast with skin and
- 1 15 ounce cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 pints cherry tomatoes. I like to use one pint of red and one of yellow or orange just to make it pretty
- 4-6 slices of lemon
- 1 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- Preheat oven to 450°F. In a small bowl, mix ⅓ cup grapeseed/olive oil, garlic, paprika, pepper, salt, red pepper and chili with garlic sauce until combined.
- Rub the chicken breasts with about 1 TBS of the olive oil/spice mixture. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large sauté pan. Heat 1 TBS grapeseed/olive oil in your cast iron skillet or oven safe pan. Sear your chicken on each side for a few minutes. In a large bowl, combine remaining oil mixture with the beans, tomatoes and ½ cup of the cilantro, stirring gently to coat. Add the bean mixture to your chicken skillet (don't cover the chicken, instead scatter the bean mixture about, nestling it around the chicken pieces. Nestle in your lemon slices. Season with a bit more salt and pepper. Roast until chicken is cooked through, about 20-25 minutes. Sprinkle with ½ cup cilantro and serve.