This Spicy Avocado Cucumber Soup with Roasted Corn hits the spot on a warm day!
This Spicy Avocado Cucumber Soup with Roasted Corn is easy to make and good for you too! Other than grilling or sauteing the corn, it is no-cook.
California Avocados are at their peak at the moment and cucumbers from gardens everywhere are plentiful, so why not combine the two with a handful of other ingredients and whip yourself up a different & delicious soup.
The first cold soup I had years and years ago threw me for a loop. Since then, I’ve opened my mind a bit to what a soup can be and now enjoy my soups both hot and cold.
You can decide to make this Spicy Avocado Cucumber Soup with Roasted Corn Soup as thick and creamy or as thin as you like. I enjoyed it on the thicker side. Pile on the pan roasted or barbecued corn, a handful of sesame seeds and you are in business! This is a fantastic and creative vegetarian offering as well as a gluten free one.
It would be a awesome (and pretty) in shooter cups for a bridal shower or wedding…Just sayin’!
If you think a meal isn’t a meal without some form of meat…like my husband does, feel free to throw a handful of crispy bacon atop the soup as well and just like that…the carnivore in your life will be satisfied!
You can do so many delicious things with avocados! From Guacamole to Avocado Fries to soups, salads, desserts and more! Partnering up with California Avocados these last couple of years has not only made me appreciate what you can do with an avocado, it has also pushed me to think out of the box a little when it comes to enjoying avocados. Check out California Avocados Pinterest Boards or recipe database for all kinds of inspiration!
You can also check out some of my favorites below, simply click HERE to scroll through the avocado recipes.
- 1 jalapeno (seeded) and cut into 4 pieces
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1½ ripe avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 cups chopped cucumbers
- 6 ounces of plain Greek yogurt
- ½ cup light cream
- 1 tsp to ½ TBS Kosher salt (to taste)
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Pinch - ¼ tsp red pepper or more
- Squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- Optional: Cilantro*
- 2 ears of corn
- 2 TBS sunflower seeds
- 3 TBS chopped scallions
- Pules your jalapeno & garlic in your food processor a few times (and if using cilantro leaves add them here as well).
- Add in the cucumbers and avocado, pulse a few times.
- Add in the yogurt and cream and process until smooth.
- Add in salt, peppers, lemon juice, pulse until smooth.
- Taste and adjust for heat and seasonings.
- Also adjust for consistency. If too thick for your liking, add in a couple TBS of water and pulse until smooth.
- For toppings, cut kernels off of a fresh cob or two of corn and saute in a little melted butter until they begin to brown. Season with Old Bay or salt & pepper and a little but of Cayenne.
- Top each soup serving with corn, sunflower seeds and a pinch of sliced scallions and serve.
If you really want some heat, leave some of the jalapeno seeds in 🙂