How To Make Chicken Rice Soup
This comforting Chicken and Rice Soup is perfect for cold days. It's robust enough to call it a meal.
- 2 TBS olive or grapeseed oil
- 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 1/3 cup chopped celery
- 1 TBS minced ginger
- 3 large cloves of garlic minced
- Salt and black pepper
- 1/2 TBS dried Italian seasoning
- 2 1/2 quarts chicken broth 10 cups
- 1 cup of rice
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 1/2 cups shredded chicken from a rotisserie chicken or homemade
- Optional 2 TBS fresh chopped parsley
In a large pot, add the oil and saute the onions, carrots, and celery for 4 minutes over medium-high heat, stirring often.
Add in the ginger and garlic and season well with salt and pepper. Stirring for 2-3 minutes.
Add in the Italian seasoning, chicken broth, and rice and bring to a boil.
Cook 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
Remove from heat, add in beaten egg and stir until incorporated add in shredded chicken, taste and adjust seasoning.
Serving: 4g | Calories: 364kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 24g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 514mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g