Hot Jalapeno Chicken Dip
Easy to make, hot & cheesy. This Jalapeno Popper Dip with chicken is great as a dip, on a grilled cheese, stuffed into mini peppers or mushrooms and more!
Servings: 6 servings
- 8 oz of softened cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3-4 whole Jalapeno peppers, minced or chopped Stemmed and seeded (leave a few seeds in if you want it spicier, most of the heat is in the stems and seeds).
- ¾ cup chopped cooked chicken
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded Pepper jack cheese see notes
- Black pepper
- ¾ cup Panko Japanese breadcrumbs – Don’t substitute with regular breadcrumbs. You can add herbs to the topping if you choose.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Combine the cream cheese, mayo, jalapenos, chicken, cheeses and pepper in a bowl and mix until smooth.
Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the top is browned and begins to become bubbly.
Baking it a dish that the dip is spread out shallow vs deep is best in my opinion.
I prefer this dip without the Panko topping, however my husband enjoys it with the topping. Either way is delish! If you do choose to use the Panko, you can jazz it up with fresh or dried herbs or garlic powder, salt and pepper. You can also add chopped scallions to it as well as addition al minced jalapenos.
Full fat cheese is best for this recipe. I like the combination of cream cheese, Parmesan cheese and Pepper jack cheese for this. However cheddar works in place of the Pepper jack and if Parmesan cheese is not your thing you can omit it and use only the Pepper jack, Monterey jack or Cheddar (in addition to the cream cheese).
Lighten the dip up a tad by swapping sour cream for the mayo.
Don't rush the dip by baking it at a higher temperature, you un the risk of the cheeses "breaking" and becoming oily/separated.
Serving: 6servings | Calories: 412kcal | Carbohydrates: 8g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 36g | Saturated Fat: 15g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 9g | Monounsaturated Fat: 9g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 84mg | Sodium: 551mg | Potassium: 180mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 811IU | Vitamin C: 9mg | Calcium: 293mg | Iron: 1mg