Sesame Noodle Recipe
Best and easiest Sesame Noodle recipe. Affordable (Make a double batch for about $10), quick to make (20 minutes) and always a hit!
Servings: 8 servings
- 1 pound of linguine cooked to package directions
- 1 red pepper slice into toothpick-like slices (Add more or less based on your preference for peppers)
- 4-5 scallions sliced thin both the white and green
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 TBS red wine vinegar or rice wine vinegar
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 3 TBS sesame oil in the Asian section of the grocery store
- 1 TBS sugar
- 1 1/2 TBS chili sauce with garlic in the Asian section of the grocery store add in more for spicy flavor
While your salted water comes to boil. Make your sauce first by combining the soy sauce, vinegar, olive oil, sesame oil, sugar and chili sauce with garlic. Shake vigorously in a mason jar or pop the sauce in your blender for a minute to mix well.
As soon as you drain your noodles, run them under cold water until cool. Blot noodles dry with paper towels. Give sauce a quick shake, add half of it to the noodles, stir well with tings to combine.
Slice pepper and scallions.
Assemble the dish by adding the peppers and scallions. I usually do this in the pot I made the pasta in then turn out the coated noodles in the serving dish. Toss well and add remaining sauce just before serving, tossing well once again.
Serving: 8servings | Calories: 312kcal | Carbohydrates: 47g | Protein: 9g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Sodium: 972mg | Potassium: 205mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 526IU | Vitamin C: 20mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 1mg