Seafood Soup Recipe
This easy to make Seafood Soup Recipe is satisfying enough to be a meal and the taste is restaurant quality. Chock full of fish and shrimp it can easily wow your friends and family.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 1/2 pounds firm white fish like Halibut, Haddock, Sea Bass, Cod etc
- 1 pound Large shrimp, I like 21-25 count (peeled & deveined)
- 1 1/2 TBS fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 TBS grapeseed or olive oil
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- 1 heaping cup of Vidalia onion, minced
- 3/4 cup diced carrot
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped (or 3-4 TBS garlic paste or a combination)
- 1/2 TBS smoky paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red (cayenne) pepper (Optional) See notes
- 1/4 cup tomato paste
- 48 oz seafood stock (or vegetable stock)
- 1 14.5 oz can tomatoes (fire roasted if you see them)
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk I like Thai Kitchen
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- More red (cayenne) pepper if you like after you taste it.
- Snipped parsley for garnish
Pat your fish and shrimp dry. Cut you fish up into a chunks about 2 inches long and thick, then place in a bowl and toss with the lemon/lime juice. Set aside.
Heat a soup pot, add the oil and sauté the jalapenos, onions and carrots for 3-4 minutes. Season with a little salt and pepper while you stir. Add in garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
Add in paprika, red pepper and tomato paste, stir it together and then add in your stock. Allow it to reach a simmer and then continue to simmer for a few minutes.
Add in your tomatoes (and their juice) and the coconut milk.
As soon as this comes to a simmer again, taste and adjust seasoning as you wish (more salt, pepper, red pepper
Add the shrimp and stir then gently add in the fish. Stirring gently until done (about 4-5 minutes.
Spoon into bowls and garnish with parsley and/or a lemon or lime slice.
Personalize this soup with spices you enjoy, such as coriander or cumin or fresh oregano or thyme. I like adding in fresh thyme or lemon thyme.
Make this delicious seafood soup as spicy or as mild as you wish. delicious either way.
Dipping good crusty bread into the soup is a simple joy of life!
Serving: 4servings | Calories: 401kcal | Carbohydrates: 12g | Protein: 63g | Fat: 10g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 369mg | Sodium: 2232mg | Potassium: 1465mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 4931IU | Vitamin C: 19mg | Calcium: 310mg | Iron: 4mg