Bacon Cheese & Jalapeno Quick Bread
This savory Bacon Cheese and Jalapeno Bread <g class="gr_ gr_66 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="66" data-gr-id="66">is</g> delicious when enjoyed hot from the oven, used for sandwich bread or toasted for breakfast!
- 12-14 slices of cooked good quality bacon crumbled
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 2 TBS sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 2 cups shredded cheese I use 1 cup Monterey Jack and 1 cup cheddar, I have also done 1/2 Mozzarella and 1/2 cheddar
- 2 jalapenos diced (remove seeds for less heat)
- 2 scallions sliced thin optional
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 TBS melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and grease a loaf pan (9x5 or 9x6)
Cook your bacon until crisp. Blot grease, cool and crumble. Set aside.
Whisk together flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar. Set aside.
In your main bowl, mix together cream cheese, shredded cheese(s), jalapenos, scallions if adding and bacon. Mix just until combined.
Add flour mixture to the cheese mixture along with the egg, milk and melted butter and mix just until combined.
Bake in a greased loaf pan for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out mostly dry.
Serving: 8g | Calories: 460kcal | Carbohydrates: 43g | Protein: 20g | Fat: 23g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Sodium: 754mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g