Thank you, NFL for sponsoring this post. I can’t wait for my next Homegate!
E-A-G-L-E-S!!! It’s that time of year when football fans get extra excited and rally behind their favorite team during the NFL Playoffs! What better way to celebrate and cheer on your team than hosting a Homegate Party! Set yourself up to Homegate like a pro with the help of the NFLShop.com! I’ve also got a fun Philly Eagles Limebacker Drink recipe featuring Lime-A-Rita for all you Philadelphia Eagles fans!
Going to a game is always fun, BUT hosting a Homegate in the comfort of your own is even better! It’s easy, fun and all of your family and friends can be there to cheer on your team! The Philadelphia Eagles are in the NFL Playoffs! Philly football fans are having quite the excitement-filled season. Last week I gathered some of our friends to cheer the Eagles on…not that they needed any convincing to celebrate our team…Have you ever met a Philadelphia Eagles fan, lol??!
A dozen or so of us had a fun day filled with food, drinks, laughter and of course lots of talk about the Eagles as they make their way to the Super Bowl… We even came up with a fun drink we call “The Eagles Limebacker” made with Lime-A-Rita.
We may have had a little setback with Wentz getting injured BUT, Philly fans have every confidence that this team has what it takes to get the job done!
Make the Philly Eagle’s Limebacker by the glass or by the pitcher or simply enjoy cans of Lime-A-Rita on their own. The fresh lime taste is delicious! Even non-beer drinkers agree! Everyone commented on how they enjoyed this drink, both the beer-drinkers and those that lean towards cocktails. Food and football go hand in hand, whether you’re in the tailgating lots, in the stadium, or at a Homegate in your living room!
Gear up now at NFLShop.com! Homegate like a pro: invite friends and family, have everyone bring a dish, come up with a simple hometown team signature drink and trick out your gathering with items from NFLShop.com/Homegating!
The NFL Shop has everything you can think of to make your celebration fantastic! From cheeseboards & serving ware with your team’s logo to cups, glassware, aprons, mugs, platters, cornhole boards, coolers, beer cozy’s and much more!
Just search your team and in the Homegating or Home section and pick your favorites. My favorites for hosting a memorable Homegate are the glass pitchers, beer mugs and cocktail glasses with a really cool metal team emblem. These are perfect for any fan, party host or yourself! People will be commenting on these for sure!
Can’t wait to see which teams make it to the 2018 Super Bowl…You know who “I” am rooting for! Cheers!!
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of CLEVER and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.
- By the Glass:
- 1 can Lime-A-Rita
- 2 TBS Lime Simple Syrup
- 4 oz club soda
- Green sugar
- Lime Slice
- To Make Lime Simple Syrup:
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- By the Glass
- <g class="gr_ gr_75 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del" id="75" data-gr-id="75">Rim a</g> 16 oz glass <g class="gr_ gr_80 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="80" data-gr-id="80">with</g> green sugar
- Fill glass with ice, pour in one 8 oz can of Lime-A-Rita, add in lime simple syrup and give it a stir. Top it off with club soda and a lime slice.
- Lime Simple Syrup
- Combine all ingredients in a small pot, heat just until sugar is fully dissolved. Cool. Store in a sealed jar in your refrigerator until ready to use.
- By the Pitcher:
- Pour 6 cans of Lime-A-Rita into your pitcher, add in 1-1 ½ cups of Lime Simple Syrup, Top with club soda. When ready to serve, rim glasses with green sugar, fill with ice, pour in the mixture. Add a lime slice and enjoy!