How about a healthy, satisfying meal that’s quick to make and delicious too?? This One Pan Chicken Sausage with Beans & Kale fits the bill! Today’s post is sponsored by al fresco All Natural Chicken Sausage.
You know what’s its like. The struggle is real! We want good meals that don’t take too much effort to whip up and don’t create too many dishes. We want to feed our families a variety of great tasting, good for you dishes too. Weeknights can get crazy, especially if you have kids at home that have activities to get to and from aaaand homework!
When I find products that make my life easier in the kitchen, I embrace them. When they are also good for my family, my happiness then my happy goes to a whole other level!
My daughter Samantha only eats fish and chicken due to food allergies. As a result, often I cook two main dishes. One for her and one for the rest of us. So the nights when I know I am making something we can all eat are always a win for me. This One Pan Chicken Sausage with Beans & Kale was one of those nights. A simple hearty meal everyone could enjoy! It was on the table in under 30 minutes.
Making One Pan Chicken Sausage with Beans & Kale is easy when you choose al fresco All-Natural Chicken Sausage, which is already fully cooked! Not having to wait for the sausage to cook to get dinner on the table is a nice time saver for me! SO for this dish, all I did was slice the sausages I chose to use for this recipe, add Cajun seasoning and give them a quick sear. Next, I added the other ingredients of the dish and in 20 minutes, I had a flavorful dinner on the table, I felt good about serving my family!
Gotta love a breakfast, lunch or dinner shortcut!
This sausage also makes a great snack! My favorite is the Jalapeno, my son slices and eats the Buffalo & Blue Cheese (that kid is obsessed with Buffalo everything at the minute), the hubs goes for the Andouille and my daughter favors the Sweet Italian.
Did you know that the al fresco brand is the #1 chicken sausage brand in the U.S., with over 40 exciting, flavorful, gourmet varieties of chicken products, each with 70% less fat than pork sausage and free of gluten*, nitrites, nitrates, preservatives and artificial ingredients.have over two-dozen gourmet, flavorful, healthy chicken products, ranging from Wild Blueberry Breakfast Chicken Sausage to fully cooked Sweet Italian Chicken Sausage to Tomato & Basil Chicken Meatballs? Each has 70% less fat and 35% less sodium than pork products, and they’re all gluten-free*. Delicious and nutritious, that’s what we call eating better. Visit them on Facebook for specials, new products and more!
Let me know if you make this One Pan Chicken Sausage with Beans & Kale. You can personalize it any way you wish. My husband likes it over rice, while I enjoy it as is. I have also made this more soup-like by adding more broth. My mom loves this with a ton of heat. she like things spicy! Switch out the kale for spinach (or add way more than I did). Skip the tomatoes or add in mushrooms. This is so easy to customize to your tastes.
Thanks again to al fresco All-Natural Chicken sausage for sponsoring this post!
One Pan Chicken Sausage with Beans & Kale
- 2 TBS grapeseed or olive oil
- 1 TBS butter
- 1 medium sweet onion sliced rings sliced in ahlf
- 12 oz al fresco All Natural Cooked Chicken Sausage I used Jalapeno but they all work for this
- 2 TBS Creole or Cajun seasoning something with heat
- 3 cloves minced garlic or 1 TBS garlic paste
- 14/16 oz can white beans Cannellini, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 cups baby kale or spinach or whatever greens you prefer
- *Kosher salt and black pepper
- Parmesan cheese
- In your skillet, saute onions for 4 minutes in olive oil and butter.
- Add in chicken sausage slices and Cajun or Creole seasoning and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in garlic and saute for 1 minute.
- Add in white beans, chicken stock, and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
- Add black pepper. Taste and if it's not salty enough add in a pinch or two of Kosher salt. If you want more heat add additional seasonings, or red/cayenne pepper.
- Add in kale and stir to combine.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle with scallions and shredded Parmesan cheese and serve.
- Serve with a salad, crusty warm bread or over rice OR add more broth and serve like a soup.
For extra heat add in a diced jalapeno with the onions.