Talk about a festive, vibrant dish...This Pomegranate Salsa is so pretty and perfect for the holidays or anytime pomegranates are in season. Plus you get a fantastic antioxidant boost...What's not to love??
The next gathering you have, whip up a batch of this Pomegranate Salsa and serve it over a brick of cream cheese. Add a drizzle of Spicy Honey Lemon and just like that, you have a buzzworthy app!
All you need to make Pomegranate Salsa are a handful of fresh ingredients. You decide if you want it to lean spicy or not. Adding a drizzle of honey & fresh lemon juice give it a nice flavor. I especially like the little kick that a Sriracha Honey I use gave it. You can replicate that by adding some Cayenne or Sriracha to your honey/lemon mixture.
This is a fun dish to serve or bring to a party for the upcoming holidays! It's a great offering for your gluten-free and vegetarian friends and family. Check back soon for a couple of additional ideas on how you can use this salsa.
- 1 cup pomegranate arils seeds
- 2 TBS chopped scallions
- ½ TBS minced red onion
- 1 TBS minced jalapeno
- Lemon zest
- 8 oz <g class="gr_ gr_55 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar only-del replaceWithoutSep" id="55" data-gr-id="55">brick of</g> cream cheese
- 2 TBS honey
- 2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl, combine pomegranate seeds, scallions, onion, jalapeno, and zest. Toss to combine.
- Place cream cheese on a serving plate, top with pomegranate salsa.
- Place honey in a small ramekin, heat in microwave for 10 seconds or so, add in lemon juice and stir. Pour over assembled cream cheese/Pomegranate Salsa. Serve with pita chips or water crackers.