Who doesn’t love a really good chicken wing?? These Crispy Baked Parmesan Garlic Wings are a delicious alternative to typical hot wings and bonus! These babies are oven-baked. No need to fry wings at home when baking them turns out just as good (and easier too).
It took me many, many years to get on the chicken wing bandwagon. Call me a princess, but I had always liked my chicken boneless. I wanted my wings boneless but I truly had wing envy every time everyone around me was oohing and aahing about their wing order. So, I finally toughened up and jumped on that party train!
I only fry a handful of things at home and wings are not one of them. I found that baking or grilling wings end up just as delicious and so much easier, especially when making a bunch of chicken wings vs frying them.
The Parmesan Garlic Sauce on these wings is delicious! Your fingers will end up as delicious as the wings! Don’t waste a drop!
My favorite wing recipe had always been my Grilled Asian Style Wings, which I have made for many a party and sports watching gathering. Second is a Cajun rub I do on wings that my husband and I love. Since making these Crispy Baked Parmesan Garlic Wings, however, the Cajun has been knocked to third place.
I couldn’t even get through taking shots of these wings without taking a big bite! The perils of food blogging are real, lol! Just ask my waistline!
Which do you enjoy more? The drummette or the wing part? Me? I like the wing part as seen above. Sometimes you can find fresh chicken wings already cut (love that). If not, frozen usually are or buy fresh and carefully cut them yourself.
I hope you try these wings out!
Tag me with a pic on Instagram at @soufflebombay if you do! I would love to see yours!
I came across these wings on the website How To Feed A Loon. I adjusted the recipe a bit and baked them vs frying. Yummmm!
Crispy Baked Parmesan Garlic Wings
- 2 lbs of chicken wings drums and wingettes separated, if frozen make sure they are fully thawed
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of fresh oregano chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh thyme chopped
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- Parmesan Garlic Sauce
- ½ cup of unsalted butter 1 stick
- 2 TBS garlic paste or 2 large garlic cloves finely minced
- 2 TBS your favorite wing sauce
- ¼ cup of chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of Kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of fresh black pepper
- 1 tsp minced fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp minced fresh oregano
- ¼ cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- Pat your wings dry with a paper towel and place them in a large bowl
- In a smaller bowl, mix together the oil, lemon juice, oregano, thyme, cumin, salt and pepper and then whisk until incorporated.
- Pour the mixture over your wings, scraping the bowl with a spatula to get every bit. Toss until the wings are evenly coated.
- Cover and place the bowl in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the wings to marinate.
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place wings on a baking sheet, spreading them out and bake for 40 minutes or until fully cooked. Halfway turn the wings with tongs a couple of times throughout the cooking process. Size of wings will dictate a longer or shorter cooking time.
- While the wings bake, in a medium saute pan, add the butter, wing sauce, chicken stock, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to a small pot and stir until combined. Add in garlic paste (or fresh garlic) and bring to a simmer. Allow sauce to simmer for 6-7 minutes, reducing it slightly.
- Remove the cooked chicken wings from the oven and place in a clean large bowl.
- Pour the sauce over the wings tossing them well until coated and then sprinkle the Parmesan cheese and herbs over-top.
- Toss well until all wings are coated.
- Place on serving platter and enjoy!