I call this a holiday Goat Cheese appetizer because of the colors, however this delicious cheese appetizer can be made and enjoyed any day of the year! And. BONUS! It is SO easy to make!
Don't you love it when the simplest recipes get the biggest rave reviews?? That is what will happen when you make this delicious cranberry goat cheese log.
Encrusted with chopped dried cranberries, your favorite nut and the fresh herbs of your choice, this goat cheese appetizer is a winner! Plus, you can customize it any way you like.
Table of Contents
- Plain or subtly flavored goat cheese log
- Dried Cranberries
- Pine nuts (or walnuts, pecans or your favorite)
- Fresh herbs (rosemary, chives, parsley and or thyme)
Why you will love this recipe
- First this goat cheese appetizer recipe is so easy to make. It's a bit of a tiny showstopper.
- this simple to make goat cheese appetizer is not too pricey to serve and can be made in 10 minutes.
- It is just SO festive, especially as a Thanksgiving appetizer or Christmas appetizer recipe idea.
- You can also customize this goat cheese in a variety of ways, unleash your inner Picasso!
- It is a great gluten free appetizer idea and vegetarian appetizer offering, especially when served with apples.
- Swap out pine nuts for walnuts, pepitas, pecans, pistachios, sunflower seeds or your favorite nut or seed
- Choose to use fresh rosemary, thyme, chives, parsley or a blend of more than one herb.
- Swap out regular honey for spiced honey or your favorite flavored honey.
- For a sweeter flavor drizzle honey over the bare cheese log before coating. Drizzle once more with honey just before serving.
- If goat cheese is not your favorite cheese (my husband dislikes it...more for me!!) you can try this with cream cheese, just form it as you wish into a log or as is as a rectangle and press hard to get topping to adhere.
- If you want a little kick, drizzle with hot honey, yum!!
- Quickly pan or oven roast your pine nuts or nuts of choice makes a delicious difference. Be careful to not burn, just get browned in spots.
- Start with cold goat cheese if it is room temperature, it can turn into a mess as you press the crust on.
- Holiday Goat Cheese Appetizer make ahead: Assemble nuts & cranberries a day ahead and store in a sealed jar or container. Add fresh herbs day of and assemble shortly before serving. Drizzle with honey just as you place it out.
I hope you and those you entertain love this easy Thanksgiving appetizer recipe or Christmas appetizer recipe as much as I do! You of course can serve this any day of the year as well. Tis the season to enjoy cranberry... Everything!
Holiday Recipes you may want to try
- My Cranberry Soda Bread went viral on TikTok last year, it is one of my favorite recipes!
This AMAZING, family favorite also went a bit crazy on TikTok! It is a must must must make for Thanksgiving and Christmas OR any time during cranberry season. Nantucket Pie (a vintage New England recipe) AKA Cranberry Pie.
Holiday Goat Cheese Appetizer
- 8 oz goat cheese log (or 10 oz or larger)
- ½ cup dried cranberries, rough chopped heaping half cup or more or less to taste
- ⅓ cup toasted pine nuts or nuts of choice
- 1-2 TBS fresh herbs such as parsley, thyme, rosemary or tarragon or a blend
- Honey for drizzling