I enjoy a simple pan-fried or grilled steak, however, sometimes it’s fun (and delicious) to dress up a steak…and get a little fancy! This Chipotle Grilled Steak with Avocado Cream makes for a great weekend or dinner party entree.
Canned chipotles bring the heat and the avocado cream, a coolness that works well together in this Chipotle Grilled Steak with Avocado Cream. It doesn’t take much effort to whip this up…even if your family and friends may think it did! Add a side salad, some roasted potatoes or grilled vegetables, ice cold beer or a pitcher of Sangria and you have a memorable meal!
I also enjoy making the Avocado Cream as a dip…spicing up with some Cayenne pepper and dipping and sipping the night away! It’s always a big hit when I bring it to parties. Love some blue tortilla chips with it.
I am excited to be partnering with Moyer Beef this summer for a series of recipes and videos, especially since Moyer is a local-to-me brand. Moyer Beef believes in providing families with fresh, locally produced beef every day. Moyer Beef is sourced from small family farms, who raise their cattle with care in the Northeast. Moyer’s products don’t travel far to reach their partner grocery stores, so they are always fresh.
A trusted brand, Moyer Beef has been around for 150 years as a source of fresh, beef for wholesome and delicious meals for families throughout the northeast. Quality meat plus great relationships with their farmers and communities have yielded the Moyer Brand a century and a half of success.
Today, Moyer partners with over 4,000 small family farms across the Northeast. The farms each have small herds averaging 30 head of cattle each year on roughly 130-acre farms. Working together, Moyer is able to support the local economy, as well help ensure future generations of family farmers.
USDA Prime, Choice and Black Angus…Look for the Moyer Brand the next time beef is on the menu, their healthy cuts make for memorable family dinners, BBQ’s and gatherings.
Next week, I’m going to share the easiest way I know to make Beef Quesadillas…In your waffle maker! Stay tuned! They are delicious and always a hit with the men in my life!
Follow Moyer Beef on Facebook for news, specials, recipes and more!
If you enjoy beef as much as my family does, then you just have to try my Beef Enchiladas…Make them once and you’ll be smitten!
Chipotle Grilled Steak with Avocado Cream
- 3 large cloves of garlic halved
- 1 can usually 7 ounces of chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 3 TBS Molasses
- 3 TBS Honey
- 1 cup of your favorite barbecue sauce
- Avocado Cream Sauce
- 1 1/2 ripe avocados peeled & seeded
- 3 oz plain Greek yogurt I use Chobani
- 3 oz sour cream
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- A small bunch of cilantro stems removed about 2 TBS worth
- 1/2 TBS a jalapeno pepper minced (more or less depending on your heat preference, I myself use 1/2 a jalapeno and include some of the seeds for extra heat!)
- Dash of cumin
- 1 TBS lime juice
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Season your steak with salt & pepper.
- Pulse your garlic in your food processor until chopped, add the chiles and pulse until they are pureed, add in the molasses, honey and barbecue sauce and pulse until combined.
- Pour over steak and rub it in evenly and allow it to sit for 30 minutes to 3 hours (covered in the fridge).
- Bring steak to room almost room temp (20-30 minutes on your counter)
- To Make Avocado Cream Sauce
- Throw all ingredients into your food processor (or blender) and pulse until smooth. Adjust seasoning to your liking, then scrape into a bowl. Cover very tightly with plastic wrap (you want the wrap to touch the top of the mixture) and chill for 20-30 minutes.
- Grill steak on high heat until done to your liking. Allow it to rest for 10 minutes, tented with foil. Slice, top with avocado cream and some parsley or cilantro and enjoy!
- Leftover Avocado Cream sauce makes for a great dip (I make this as a dip too and spice it up with Cayenne pepper)