Spinach Balls are always a delicious idea, however, why not change it up a bit with this Gluten Free Spinach Balls recipe? These are a great option if you are watching your gluten intake or have friends & family that are GF. They also happen to be egg-free,
You know the saying, "a watched pot never boils"? That feeling often happens as one waits for rice to finish on the stove or in a steamer (my daughter will literally stand there and watch the steamer or pot the last 5-7 minutes, lol!)
Veetee Rice has solved that problem with their...wait for it!! GMO and BPA free, rice that is ready in 2 minutes flat! TWO minutes!! Veetee is suitable for vegetarians, ovo-lacto vegetarians and many varieties are suitable for vegans and most of their products are gluten-free as well.
Any rice brand will work for this recipe, however a sticky rice is best like Jasmine or Thai. Typically a Japanese or Thai variety.
Table of Contents
Why You'll Love These Spinach Balls
- This Cheesy Spinach Balls recipe comes together really quick. Especially if you use microwave rice or leftover rice.
- You can customize them as you wish with types of cheee used, quantity of cheese used and amount of spinach used.
- These are a great snack or lunch for the kiddos!
- These make a great holiday appetizer, especially for those that need a gluten free appetizer.
- You can assemble ahead of time and fry or bake when ready.
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Olive or avocado oil
- Squeeze your spinach dry while your rice cooks for 2 minutes in the microwave (if using microwave rice or instant rice).
- Toss the rice and spinach together in a bowl, add in the cheese (which the heat of the rice will help melt), season with salt & pepper and then form into balls.
- After that, simply fry them in a lil' bit of oil until browned and enjoy! These are so tasty! Watch the video below to see just how easy & cheese these babies are!
These Gluten Free Spinach & Rice Balls are SO easy to make and the kids love them too! Why not put them to work on this recipe? Let them take the lead, it's that easy!
When kids cook or at least help at any age, they learn so much. Planning, project management, follow through, math, science and so much more. Plus they are chatty in the kitchen AND will at least try what they help make! Winning all-around!
Easy to make Gluten Free Spinach & Rice Balls make a fantastic game-day or party food since many can not (or chose to not) eat gluten.
Making these Gluten Free Spinach & Rice Balls take just a handful of ingredients. Customize this recipe and add as much cheese, spices, or spinach as you wish. Easy, good for you and delicious! Let me know what you think!
Other Gluten Free Recipes You'll Enjoy
Recipe originally published January, 2018. Updated November 2023.
Enjoy! XO- Colleen
(Gluten Free) Spinach & Rice Balls
- 10 package Veetee Rice or other rice of your choice
- ½ cup defrosted chopped spinach squeezed dry (or more to taste)
- Heaping ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- Heaping ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese
- Kosher salt & black pepper
- 1-2 TBS grapeseed or olive oil
- Cook your rice according to package instructions.
- In a bowl, combine rice, spinach, cheeses and seasonings.
- Roll mixture into balls while still warm.
- Heat oil in a nonstick skillet and saute Spinach and Rice Balls for a few minutes, until sides are a bit browned and balls are heated through.
- Serve & enjoy!