My Little Chef, Samantha, was experimenting in the kitchen last week and she came up with these….They are like Doritos, but better and better for you!
I told her what to do…SHE told me I was wrong…I let her have at it and darn it if she wasn’t right!
She’s always right about what toe polish too!! When we leave the nail salon, I always like hers better, lol…How does this happen at 10-year old?
These were delicious…and SO easy. SOOO much better than store-bought! Such a fun activity that doubles as a cooking lesson, craft and a snack all-in-one!
Check out Samantha’s recipe for Homemade Doritos!! Enjoy!
Colleen & Samantha
- 5-10 flour tortillas
- 2 TBS grapeseed or olive oil
- 1-2 packets of <g class="gr_ gr_145 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" id="145" data-gr-id="145">McCormicks</g> Taco Seasoning
- Salt optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brush both sides of tortillas lightly with oil.
- Cut into triangles (like a pizza pie)
- Lay them out on baking sheets and liberally sprinkle with seasoning and salt if using, flip them over and repeat.
- Bake for 10-12-15 minutes (flipping once) or until crisp to your liking.
- Cool and enjoy!
- These are best eaten the same day. Store leftovers in an airtight container (making sure they are completely cooled when you do).