The fifth most popular recipe on this site is my “Prize Winning Key Lime Pie Recipe.” True story, I won a trip to the Florida Keys in a two-part cooking competition and that was one of this dishes we all had to make. Since my family loves the flavors of a Key Lime Pie, I decided to make a quick No Cook Key Lime Pie Dessert.
Key Lime Pie doesn’t take long to make, its actually super easy, however, you do need a few hours for the pie to chill. When you just don’t have the time to wait for the key lime flavor you are dreaming about in an actual pie or you don’t feel like using the oven, make this quick No Cook Key Lime Pie Dessert instead. You get all the flavors of Key Lime Pie without the wait (and for those that happen to be allergic to eggs, this variation is perfect)!
I like putting the graham cracker mixture on the bottom and just a sprinkle on top for texture and the look. Feel free to layer it if you enjoy the “crust” part of pies. If my daughter had her way, the dessert would be half crumbs and half filling, lol! To each their own. There is no wrong way to do this.
You could even make this is a larger bowl if you like and serve it by the spoonful.
Traditional Key Lime Pie has whipped cream on top and actually in some cases depending on where you are from it had a meringue dome. I didn’t top these with whipped cream this time, but it’s totally something you can do. Simple make some fresh whipped cream (heavy cream, powdered sugar and a dash of vanilla) and add a dollop to each or put your cream in a piping bag and give each one a little decorative “flower”.
These are so refreshing and just the right size for a bit of dessert, in my opinion, go ahead and have two!! Perfect for a party dessert, or just for you and your family. These would be super cute for a bridal or baby shower too!
I use Nellie and Joes Key Lime Juice when I make both these No-Cook Key Lime Pie Dessert and traditional Key Lime Pie (since I hardly ever come across fresh key limes). It’s perfect! You can find it on Amazon.
Also stop back next week and read about my Florida Keys trip! We went last month and it was amazing! It was my first visit to The Florida Keys and I think what they say is true…Once you sink your toes into the sand down there you will be back! I know I will!
- 12 graham crackers
- 2½ TBS butter (melted or room temperature)
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk (I like Eagle)
- ½ cup plus 1 TBS Key Lime juice (I like Nellie and Joes Key Lime Juice, it's just as good as fresh which I rarely can get)
- 1 TBS Lime zest
- Whipped cream (see note)
- 2 TBS sour cream
- Break apart graham crackers and toss them into your food processor.
- Pulse until they become crumbs.
- Add in butter and brown sugar and pulse until combined.
- Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, key lime juice and half your lime zest, Mix on high for 2 minutes. Add in whipped cream and sour cream and mix until incorporated.
- In your chosen glasses, mason jars, shooter cups or whatever you are using. Spoon in some of the graham cracker crumb mixture. Spoon or pipe in the key lime pie mixture in, top with additional crumbs, zest and a lime triangle.
- See Notes.