The name carries a subtle warning that this delicious whiskey cocktail may have quite the punch! And it does, however the beauty of making cocktails yourself is that you can make them as strong or weak or as sweet or bitter as you like.
Recently, while in Downtown Philly for Giada DeLaurentis’ Book Tour, I had a few of these “The Walk Of Shame” Moscow Mules at Happy Hour at Valanni on Spruce Street. Which by-the-way was a fantastic experience…from the interesting & delicious food to the the cocktails and the service…I can not wait to go back!
So while shopping in my local Whole Foods in Jenkintown PA the following week, I spied Fever-Tree Premium Ginger Beer and knew instantly that I would replicate the cocktail at home using it as a base…so I did!
Once I had the Ginger Beer, I grabbed some fresh mint and gorgeous organic lemons and I was off and running! I am not one to drink whiskey straight up, however since I was a kid and my dad or my Uncle Roy would man the blender making their signature Whiskey Sours…I have always had a thing for it whiskey a cocktail. Mmmm!
And did you know?? For every Christmas tree purchased at Whole Foods, they make a donation to American Forrest to have trees planted in state parks and forests! Love, love LOVE that!!
Take a look and get inspired as we enter the biggest party & cocktail season of the year!
"The Walk Of Shame" Moscow Mule
- 3 parts ginger beer
- 1 part whiskey
- 1/2 TBS to 1 TBS fresh lemon juice
- Mint Leaves
- Optional: a splash of simple syrup
- If you have any polished copper Moscow Mule Cups, use them! They are amazing at keeping the drinks cold and they are usually big...2 cups worth!
- Fill a large Moscow Mule Cup or glass with crushed ice.
- Add in the ginger beer (non-alcoholic or alcoholic) and 1 part whiskey (or to your taste).
- Squeeze in lemon, add mint and stir.
- Taste and adjust to your preference if necessary and enjoy!