This is the Easiest & Best Tortellini & Spinach Soup Recipe I know of! It’s full of flavors and our family favorite!
Don’t you just love a dish that everyone…everyone in your house enjoys? I do! Most days I feel like a short-order cook. Between the various food-allergies my kids have and personal preferences, our meals can get over-complicated and I end up creating more dirty dishes that I want to deal with!
I first posted this recipe for The Easiest & Best Tortellini & Spinach Soup Recipe when I started this site however, its just too good to not re-share!
7 Ingredients and less than 15 minutes of your time will yield you a fantastic meatless meal! This is a go to for me for feeding my family as well as dropping it off places when I want to do something nice for someone.
The tomatoes and garlic give this SO much flavor, there never seems to be enough spinach (even for the kiddos) and the tortellini fill you up! No matter the season, we eat this soup, its such a great lunch of dinner when we are bolting out the door for sports, music or all of those other things that keep us on our toes!
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 48 ounces of chicken broth
- A few dashes of red pepper flakes (if you like heat)
- 1 (14 or 20 oz) package of fresh cheese tortellini
- 14½ ounces of crushed tomatoes (the whole can)
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves...depending on your taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic and saute for no more than 45 seconds (do not brown).
- Add in the chicken broth and red pepper flakes.
- Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Add in the tortellini and cook for half the cooking time on the package.
- Add in the tomatoes, reduce heat to medium low and continue cooking until the tortellini is tender.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until it wilts (about a minute).
- Season if necessary with salt and pepper and serve.
- The flavors of this soup are good immediately - something I don't usually find with soup - normally I like to let it sit a bit. The soup was just as good the following day!