This is the Easiest & Best Tortellini & Spinach Soup Recipe I know of! It’s full of flavors and our family favorite! If you need a meal in a hurry you feel good about serving, THIS is it!
Don’t you just love a dish that everyone…everyone in your house enjoys? I do! Most days I feel like a short-order cook. Between the various food-allergies my kids have and personal preferences, our meals can get over-complicated and I end up creating more dirty dishes that I want to deal with!
I first posted this easy and flavorful soup recipe back when I first started my website however, it’s just too delicious and easy to not re-share!
This Tortellini Spinach Soup recipe needs just 6 Ingredients and can be made in under 20 minutes!
This is a go to for me for feeding my family as well as dropping it off places when I want to do something nice for someone.
The tomatoes and garlic give this SO much flavor. My kids have loved this since they were in elementary school. It is our unanimous vote for our favorite meal.
No matter the season, we eat this soup, its such a great lunch of dinner when we are bolting out the door for sports, music or all of those other things that keep us on our toes!
Ingredients needed to make Tortellini Spinach Soup
- Olive oil
- Chicken broth
- Crushed tomatoes
- Fresh tortellini
- Fresh baby spinach
- and if you enjoy heat, crushed red pepper
- optional garnish: Shaved Parmesan cheese
The Easiest & Best Tortellini & Spinach Soup Recipe
- 2 TBS olive oil
- 6 cloves of garlic chopped
- 32 ounces of chicken broth
- A few dashes of red pepper flakes if you like heat
- 1 14 or 20 oz package of fresh cheese tortellini
- 28 ounce can crushed tomatoes fire roasted if you can find them
- 12 ounces fresh baby spinach leaves...depending on your taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic and saute for no more than 45 seconds (do not brown).
- Add in the chicken broth and red pepper flakes.
- Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil.
- Add in the tortellini and cook for half the cooking time on the package.
- Add in the tomatoes, reduce heat to medium-low and continue cooking until the tortellini is tender.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until it wilts (about a minute).
- Season if necessary with salt and pepper and serve.
- The flavors of this soup are good immediately - something I don't usually find with soup - normally I like to let it sit a bit. The soup was just as good the following day!