Love meatballs as much as I do?? If so, this recipe for Asian Pork Meatballs With Ginger Honey Sauce will become a new family staple!
If you read Souffle Bombay then you know just how much I love a good meatball! I seriously think I could write a cookbook filled with meatballs or write a song about them and sing it proudly…the second of the two would be easier for sure, I’m one that bursts into random songs quite often and somehow the words just flow…just ask my kids! They say I am like a rapper that way…without the actual rapping skills, one of my few talents haha!
These Asian Pork Meatballs with Ginger Honey Sauce are so…so…SOOO delicious! They’re very flavorful, moist, easy to make and will impress anyone whose palate the cross! Peoples minds get blown every time I bring them places and then within a few weeks, they tell me they made them at home! Love that!
When it comes to pork meatballs, I try to not use any filling and that’s part of the key of why they are so stinkin’ good…in my opinion anyway so because of that, as a bonus these Asian Pork Meatballs With Ginger Honey Sauce are gluten-free!
If you love meatballs as much as I do you have to try these Asian Pork Meatballs with Ginger Honey Sauce and then check out some of my favorites below! In addition to those I also now have a meatless meatball! It’s made of mushrooms but I swear you will think you are eating meat! Take a look at these Cheesy Meatless Mushroom Meatballs:
And the ultimate meatball sammie…The Bahn Mi! Yummmm!
I wasn’t kidding when I said I-love-meatballs!
- 1½ pounds ground pork
- 2 TBS minced sweet or red onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- ½ TBS sesame oil
- Kosher salt & pepper
- Ginger Garlic Sauce
- 3 TBS sesame oil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 TBS minced ginger
- 1½ TBS rice wine vinegar
- 2 TBS honey
- 1-2 TBS Chili with Garlic Sauce (depends on how much you enjoy heat)
- ½ tsp cornstarch
- Cilantro for garnish
- For Meatballs:
- Combine all ingredients together and form balls. They will be wet. It's fine, just get them to hold together. Place on a baking sheet until ready to cook.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use a small amount of olive or grapeseed oil (2-3 TBS or so) to fry the meatballs until nicely browned. Place on a baking sheet and bake another 10 minutes until cooked through.
- For Spicy Ginger-Honey Sauce
- In a frying pan with sides, combine sesame oil, garlic and ginger and saute for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add in vinegar, honey and chili with garlic sauce and bring to a boil. Add in cornstarch and whisk until combined and thickened. Taste & adjust. Place meatballs in your pan, coat with sauce, garnish with cilantro leaves (if you like)and serve.