This Cheesy Beef Enchilada Dip wins me big points with my 15-year-old son and husband every time I make it! My son Connor made it the last time we enjoyed it because he wanted to learn how to make it. Watch out ladies, this may be the dish he makes the first time he ever cooks for a girl, lol!
Making this Cheesy Beef Enchilada Dip is easy! A quick prep of the ingredients, cooking the ground beef, assembling the dip and a short trip to the oven is all it takes until you do your first scoop.
This recipe is sponsored by Moyer Beef. This Cheesy Beef Enchilada Dip is the 3rd in a series of 5 recipes I am creating for Moyer Beef this summer/fall and I have to say just how much fun and tasty times I have been having along the way. Just recently we literally had the BEST tasting strip steaks ever at home. My husband and son kept saying how delicious they were. What I wanted to say was it was how "I" cooked them and then take all the credit however...all I did was season them with salt & pepper and cook them the way I always cook a steak. That incredible flavor was all Moyer and the family farmers they use here in the Northeast part of the U.S. to raise their cattle.
A trusted brand, Moyer Beef has been around for 150 years as a source of fresh, beef for wholesome and delicious meals for families throughout the northeast. Quality meat plus great relationships with their farmers and communities have yielded the Moyer Brand a century and a half of success. Moyer Beef is sourced from small family farms, who raise their cattle with care in the Northeast. Moyer’s products don’t travel far to reach their partner grocery stores, so they are always fresh.
Moyer partners with over 4,000 small family farms across the Northeast. The farms each have small herds averaging 30 head of cattle each year on roughly 130-acre farms. Working together, Moyer is able to support the local economy, as well help ensure future generations of family farmers.
Sports season is about to get into full swing, so try this Cheesy Beef Enchilada Dip at one of your next gatherings (or just because at home...especially if you have teenage boys...Trust me, lol!)
If you enjoy beef as much as my family does, check out my Chipotle Grilled Steak with Avocado Cream or my Steak Quesadillas (which I make in a waffle maker...its the best way!!).
Cheesy Beef Enchilada Dip
- 1 TBS olive or grapeseed oil ¾ cup chopped onion
- 1 whole jalapeno your choice if you leave stems and seeds in for heat
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pound of ground beef
- Salt & pepper not too much salt b/c of taco seasoning
- 1 cup black beans
- 1 can enchilada sauce
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- ½ cup pepper jack or Monterey Jack cheese
- Tortilla chips
- Heat oil in a pan and add in onion, jalapeno, and garlic, saute for a few minutes.
- Add in ground beef and brown it.
- Drain off excess grease.
- Season with salt and pepper (not too much sat since taco seasoning is salty).
- Add in beans, enchilada sauce, and taco seasoning, stir until incorporated and simmer until ground beef is cooked through.
- Remove from heat.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a small baking dish, place half of the ground meat mixture. Top with half the scallions, and half of both kinds of cheese. Add the rest of the ground meat mixture and repeat.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Enjoy immediately with chips.
Liz @ I Heart Vegetables says
Oh man, I bet this dip disappears quickly! This would be perfect for a Labor Day cookout!
Karen @ Seasonal Cravings says
Can't believe it's time for game day grub again but I'm in! This looks like the perfect cheesy dip to bring to my next party.
Just in time for Labor Day potlucks!
I could dip into this all day long! and yes to the jalapenos!