Call these Coconut Bites, coconut macaroons or coconut candy. Whatever you call them you love this east tasty sweet coconut and chocolate treat! These are simple to make and happen to be gluten free. Without chocolate they are also great for those with dairy issues.Simple to make, just 4 ingredients, plus one to two more if dipping in chocolate.. Leave these coconut bites plain or dip or drizzle them in bittersweet or milk chocolate. A perfect bite!
Table of Contents
Why you'll love this recipe for Coconut Bites
- This easy recipe only requires 4 ingredients (plus chocolate if using)
- If you enjoy coconut, you will love these
- Recipe makes about 16 coconut bites
- These hold up well for a few days in a sealed container
- Customize with bittersweet or milk chocolate
- Gluten free dessert
- Vegetarian dessert
- Perfect for an Easter dessert
- egg whites
- powdered sugar
- coconut flakes
- bittersweet or milk chocolate
- coconut oil (optional)
Call these Coconut Bites, Coconut Macaroons or Coconut Cookies. Whatever you call them they are SO tasty and such a simple recipe to make!You can choose to leave these Coconut Bites plain, dip them in chocolate or drizzle them with chocolate. The addition of chocolate makes them taste like a Mounds (yum!!)
InstructionsWhip egg whites and salt on high until stiff peaks form, add vanilla and powdered sugar and whip till thick and frothy. Add in coconut flakes and using a spatula fold together. On a parchment paper lined baking sheet, use a cookie scoop (spray cookie scooper with baking spray first). and place batter 1.5 inches apart. Bake on middle rack at 360 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on the parchment lined baking sheet and putt paper off each once cooled. Dip into or drizzle on melted chocolate if you like (YUM). Set in refrigerator or a cold area.
StorageStore in air tight container.
- To cut down sweetness or save on calories or carbs. Choose to use unsweetened coconut flakes OR 1 cup sweetened and 1 cup unsweetened
- For an extra depth of flavor, toast coconut first
- If you dip in chocolate or drizzle with chocolate, pop coconut bites in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so to set.
Dessert Recipes to tryFor sweet treats that are no fail and easy to make: My Key Lime Pie is a must try! I won a trip to the Florida Keys with this recipe. Or try this family favorite, Apple Fritters. If you enjoy quick breads, this Sweet Potato Bread is my personal favorite! So moist and flavorful!
- 2 egg whites
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups sweetened coconut
- 2 ounces melted 60% chocolate or milk chocolate optional but delicious
- smidge of coconut oil (about ¼ teaspoon) optional (helps make schocolate smooth)
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees F.
- Whip egg whites and salt on high with your mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add in vanilla and the powdered sugar and whip another 30-60 seconds.
- Fold in the cocnut with a spatula until just combined.
- Spray cookie scoop with baking spray and then scoop batter, spacing 1.5 inches apart on a parchment paper (or silicone) lined baking sheet.
- Bake on center rack for 14-16 minutes or until golden.
- Cool completely, remove from parchment paper (peel back) or silicone and if you choose to, dip into pr drizzle with melted bittersweet chocolate or milk chocolate.
- If dipped/drizzles with chocolate, allow the chocolate to set on the coconut bites in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
- Store in airtight container.