This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #daretodip #idaretodip #CollectiveBias
Halloween is SUCH a fun party theme. Just thinking of all the spooky fun foods and drinks you can create to set the mood gets me excited. This Halloween Brain Mexican Dip is definitely a party conversation piece!
Hover your cursor over the above image to see where to purchase RO*TEL.
Delicious and creative dips are one of the best things about any party or gathering…am I right! I know you can usually find me by one whenever they are around. This Halloween Brain Dip is so simple to make. I just took a Mexican Dip that I enjoy and turned it into a brain using a silicone simple mold I purchased from Amazon for $6.00.
I had such a fun time coming up with this Halloween Dip for RO*TEL® Original Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies and their Dare To Dip theme! Cans of RO*TEL® are always in my pantry…I like both the flavor, zippy kick and the ease of use of it in recipes. My daughter is obsessed with queso dip and had been making it for our family and her friends when the mood strike since she was about 8. Even she seeks out cans of RO*TEL® when she shops with me. Love it!
How Do I Make A Halloween Brain Dip?
Making this fun Mexican Halloween Brain Dip is easy, it’s a one-bowl recipe. All you need are the ingredients and an inexpensive silicone mold (typically used for Jello molds).
Once your dip is mixed together per the instructions below, scrape it into your mold and then using a piece of plastic wrap or parchment paper, pack it into the mold by pressing down evenly on the dip until all groves are filled. Follow my tips below for a perfect turnout.
What Tips Are Suggested For Using a Food Mold?
If your mold is new be sure to wash it first with warm soapy water and dry it completely. Next, spray it liberally with Pam cooking spray. Take a paper towel and rub the spray into the grooves of the “brain”, then spray it some more. If any areas “pool up” some of the cooking spray, simply blot it with a paper towel. Hold can 6 or more inches from the mold to help prevent that.
I like to press down on whatever I place in a mold (if applicable) to help get the desired shape of the mold.
Depending on what is in the mold, often freezing it for a bit helps it release.
When ready to release, fill a pot with warm water and submerge the top part of the mold in it for 30-60 seconds to encourage a quick, seamless release.
Can I Make This Mexican Dip In A Bowl?
Yes, you can make this Mexican Dip in a bowl as a standard dip. Grab chips and dip away!
Can I Make This Mexican Party Dip Ahead Of Time?
Yes, you can make this ahead of time, even a day prior. Just cover with wrap until ready to use.
What Other Recipes Can I Make With RO*TEL® ?
There are SO many recipes you can make with. No peeling or tomatoes or chopping required! Visit their website to find all sorts of Halloween recipes as well as recipes for any occasion. OR visit them on Instagram, Pinterest Page and Facebook for even more inspiration.
Along with all sorts of fun Halloween decorations and party supplies, you can find RO*TEL® at your local Walmart in a variety of flavors and sizes.
Happy Halloween and Happy Dipping…If you dare!!
- 16 oz cream cheese (2 - 8oz bricks), room temperature
- 8oz sour cream
- 1oz package or 2 TBS taco seasoning (mild or hot)
- 1 jalapeno, minced
- ⅓ cup scallions or chives, sliced thin
- 2½ cups shredded Mexican blend cheese (see notes)
- 2 10 oz cans RO*TEL, drained (divided)
- In a mixing bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream and taco seasoning. Mix by hand or with a mixer until incorporated.
- Add in jalapenos, scallions, cheese(s) and 1½ cans (15 oz) of RO*TEL and stir just until incorporated.
- Spray your mold with Pam, rub the spray into the groves and then lightly spray again.
- Scrape dip into the mold.
- using plastic wrap or parchment paper, use your hands and press dip into the grooves of the mold.
- Place in the freezer for an hour.
- When ready to unmold the dip partially submerge the mold (without getting water INTO the dip) in warm water for 30 seconds. Dip should pop right out onto your platter.
- For a fun presentation, use part or all of reserved RO*TEL to mimic blood & guts coming from the brain. "Stab" a knife into the brain for presentation.
- Serve with chips and or celery, carrots or whatever raw veggies you enjoy.
For shredded cheese, you can use all Mexican cheese blend or part Mexican cheese blend and part Pepper Jack cheese.
Feel free to use more or less taco seasoning according to your preference.
Full fat cream cheese and sour cream is recommended.