Do you enjoy fresh seafood? If so I have a few surprises for you, starting with this in-credible 30 Minute Pan Seared Halibut in Thai Curry Sauce. SO exciting!! Thanks to FultonFishMarket.com for sponsoring this post!
No joke, this 30 Minute Pan Seared Halibut in Thai Curry Sauce is one of the best dishes to come out of my kitchen this year. In my opinion, it is literally a restaurant quality dish. Made in less than 30 minutes. I was dancing around the kitchen because I was so happy with this dish!
My husband loved it, my son loved it and my daughter loved it (sans the sauce). And me…I was ready to go fishing for Halibut just so I could have some more. Lucky for me I don’t have to figure out how to get the kids fishing rods going. Or drive to the ocean, or rent a boat…Because…
Let me introduce you to FultonFishMarket.com
You guys!! I can hardly contain my excitement about FultonFishMarket.com. I’m in love!
- Do you want the freshest fish possible, short of catching it yourself delivered to right your door??
- Do you want access to the largest selection of seafood in the Western Hemisphere?
If you said yes to either of the above, then you must get to know New York’s FultonFishMarket.com.
The iconic Fulton Fish Market has been in the Bronx area of New Youk for almost 200 years. All that time, The Fulton Fish Market has been supplying restaurants and fishmongers with the freshest seafood available…and now we have access to the same fresh and delicious daily catch too! They know a thing or two about seafood!
Just look at this incredible Halibut I worked with!
Look at the color of the fish both before and after. THIS was the freshest Halibut I have ever had!
Thanks to Fulton, we now have a better option to buy and enjoy seafood!
FultonFishMarket.com specializes in fish from U.S. waters which have the most highly regulated fishing waters in the world. All of the fish they catch is fresh and sustainable. FultonFishMarket.com guarantees that their fish is sustainably sourced, and is always legal. The selection on their consumer site is carefully curated to offer only the tastiest fresh fish, safest seafood and most sustainable seafood selections.
Every night at Midnight, between one and two million pounds of the freshest seafood pours across the docks at Fulton Market in New York City. Now via their new online ordering via FultonFishMarket.com we can get some of the days’ catch right to our front door…Fast & fresh!
While this fresh seafood haul comes from across the globe a huge portion is fished domestically. North America has the largest protected ocean area in the world with thousands of delicious, sustainable seafood and shellfish species, most of which you have never tasted.
It’s actually surprising how old seafood can be by the time it hits many food store cases. Would you believe it can be 3 weeks and older in some cases? It’s true!
Did you know:
Most of the seafood you get at the supermarket or even at that fancy restaurant:
- Is shipped from overseas
- Is illegally fished, undocumented or under-regulated
- Is frozen then re-“freshed” before serving
- Is farmed in unregulated ponds and crowded pens, fed chemicals, GMOs, antibiotics to keep diseases in check and/or gassed to artificially color the meat
- IS NOT what is on the label, or the menu listing, but some other species entirely
- Is not fished or farmed sustainably
- Is not inspected
FultonFishMarket.com can have their fresh daily catch to your front door in 3 days or less!
Something else very exciting is the FultonFishMarket.com’s CSF (Community Supported Fishery). You know what a CSA’s, right? You buy a share from a farm and every week or so get some of the harvest. Now, FultonFishMarket.com offers you a share from their ocean bounty via their CSF! Just $18 a week gets you a 2 portion share. If you would like 2 shares, you would pay $36 a week and receive 4 8 oz portions. Each CSF cycle is a 13 week commitment. For full details about this program or to start one in your area visit http://bit.ly/2cWlkRR. Click on the FAQ at the top of that page for the full CSF details.
It’s easy to set up a CSF in your area, all you need are at least 15 shares to start a CSF delivery in your area. One person organizes the CSF, one delivery arrives and everyone comes the same day each week to pick up their share. And the organizer, “partner” gets their weekly share for free (1 share). (I am already organizing this where I live).
What kind of seafood might you receive in your weekly share? For the CFS, they are concentrating on fish. Specifically, wild fish sourced from the U.S. waters. These fish may be Black Bass, Bluefish, Hake, Mahi Mahi, Monkfish, Porgy, Spanish or Boston Mackerel, Striped Bass, Flounder, Swordfish, Tuna or Tilefish to name a few.
Fulton not only wants you to taste their just caught freshness, they want it to be your go-to source for all things seafood! One taste of just-caught freshness is all it will take! They are So confident one taste is all it will take that they have a special offer for you! I’d email them fast if I were you!!
So, you learned about your new way of accessing the largest selection of the freshest seafood in the U.S.
I hope you try this! It may look like a lot of ingredients, however, this decadent and delicious 30 Minute Pan Seared Halibut in Thai Curry Sauce comes together fast and in under 30 minutes. make it, make it, make it!
Thanks again to FultonFishMarket.com for sponsoring this delicious post and giveaway! Follow FultonFishMarket.com on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest for recipe ideas, sales and special offers!
Pan Seared Halibut in Thai Curry Sauce
- 3 TBS butter
- 4 - 4 ounce portions of fresh Halibut
- Lime zest
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Grapeseed or olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 TBS fresh ginger
- 2 TBS parsley
- 1/4 cup Vidalia onion
- 3 TBS lime juice
- Salt & pepper
- 2-3 TBS Thai Red Curry Paste
- 3 TBS Tomato Paste
- 3/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 TBS brown sugar
- 3 TBS diced red pepper not spicy
- Season Halibut with lime zest, salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside to marinate for 15 minutes.
- In your food processor, process your garlic, ginger, onion and lime juice until smooth or finely minced. This could pose a challenge for large processors, since its a small amount of ingredients. If so, do it by hand then add in the lime juice.
- Melt butter in a non-stick skillet or frying pan. Over med-high heat, pan sear the halibut, about 2-3 minutes per side until cooked through. (Cook time will vary based on the thickness of your fish).
- Carefully place fish on a baking sheet or plate tented with foil.
- In the same pan, add your mixture from the food processor and saute for 4 minutes. If you need to add a smidge more butter, do so.
- Add in your Thai red curry paste and tomato paste, blend well and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add in the wine and stir briskly, once its simmering add in the coconut milk, sugar and some salt & pepper.
- Stir, taste and adjust seasoning or heat if necessary. If you would like it spicier, add in a pinch or two of Cayenne pepper.
- Simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Place the fish gently into the pan of sauce, allow it to sit for a minute or two and serve.
- OR plate the fish and spoon the sauce around it.