Looking for a snack or appetizer on the lighter side? One even the kids most likely will at least try? Look no further than these fun, low carb Zucchini Pizza Bites.
Admit it, age doesn't matter when it comes to bite-sized food, or food on a stick for that matter, it's always fun!
These lil' Zucchini Pizza Bites are a perfect snack or app that just so happen to be gluten-free. These are also keto-friendly if you watch your sauce ingredients.
Zucchini Pizza Bites are easy to make, a perfect recipe to let the kids take the lead on at any age!
Bite after bite, the cheese, sauce and pepperoni mingling with the crisp-tender zucchini is both tasty and satisfying.
If you are looking for a more robust zucchini recipe, try this Savory Zucchini Bread recipe. It's a no yeast quick bread and is delish hot from the oven or as toast, grilled cheese base etc.
Table of Contents
- Olive oil
- Pizza sauce
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper
- Italian seasoning
How Do You Make Zucchini Pepperoni Pizza Bites?
All you need are a handful of ingredients to make these low carb bites. Zucchini, pepperoni, cheese, sauce, and seasoning. That's it! After that, all you need to do is bake the zucchini independently and then assemble the bites and finish baking.
These are delicious as is, you can, however, switch out zucchini for yellow squash. You can also decide to make these as "cups". Cut the zucchini a little thicker 1 ½ inch deep slices will work. Scoop out a small amount of the center, and fill with mozzarella cheese, ground sausage, and sauce. That way its a play on a sausage pizza vs a pepperoni pizza.
Can You Make These In Advance?
These are best made and served right after they come out of the oven. You can slice the zucchini ahead of time and store in an airtight container or bag.
What Recipes Can I Make With Zucchini?
- Stuffed Zucchini - These are so tasty, we even eat them for breakfast when the garden is overflowing with zucchini.
- Zucchini Cakes - a summer favorite! Easy & cheesy and always a hit!
- This Grilled Zucchini & Shrimp Salad with feta & more is amazing, yet so simple! A perfect dinner party recipe!
- Air Fried Zucchini - all I can say is this will be your new favorite!
- Zucchini Chips made in the air fryer - One of my favorite zucchini recipes! So easy and addictively delicious!
Zucchini is so versatile, use it in sweet cakes, savory quick bread, or pureed in soups. It's fantastic grilled or stir-fried as well.
Zucchini Pizza Bites
- 20 thick slices of Zucchini 2 medium zucchini sliced
- ½ TBS grapeseed or olive oil
- ½ c pizza sauce or marinara sauce
- 1 c shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 20 slices pepperoni
- Grated Parmesan cheese to garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: Italian seasoning to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Slice 20 thick rounds of zucchini, toss them in ½ teaspoon of the olive oil.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment or wax paper place the zucchini slices on a rack on a baking sheet, and sprinkle them with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 10 minutes, and remove from the oven.
- Spread a small amount of pizza/marinara sauce atop each zucchini round and then
- some shredded mozzarella cheese on each zucchini slice, and then top each slice with pepperoni.
- Optional: Sprinkle on Italian seasoning atop the cheese to taste and bake for 5-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and browned on top.
- Remove the zucchini pizza bites from the oven and let them sit for a few minutes. Garnish with grated parmesan cheese and serve.