What do you do when you get a sudden irresistible craving for something chocolate or something sweet? How about a 3 Minute Mug Brownie?? Sometimes food needs to be just that easy! Perfect for anyone to make anytime!
A decadent 3 Minute Mug Brownie hits all the notes of warm chocolatey goodness!
It’s sweet, rich and just enough to hit the “spot”! All you need are 5 minutes and just like that you enjoying your 3 Minute Mug Brownie! The best part is that you can mix, cook and eat all in the same mug! That’s a big win in my world!
Ingredients To Make A Mug Brownie
- 9 TBS of Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix (this is what I use)
- One beaten egg
- 1 TBS grapeseed, olive or vegetable oil
Optional Add-Ins or Garnishes for Microwave Mug Brownies
- Coconut flakes
- Chocolate Shavings, Chocolate Syrup, Chocolate Chips
- Whipped Cream
- Chopped nuts
The box mix I always when making these Mug Brownies is Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix. Results may vary if another brand or type of mix is used. For other Mug Cakes I use flour, baking powder and additional ingredients. This is just a shortcut for a brownie “something” that I often crave.
Add your ingredients, mix, and then microwave for 90 uninterrupted seconds, after that all you need to do is grab a spoon and dig in. Now you may have come across images of a Mug Cake that is to the top of a mug.
A Mug Cake may be good…but let me tell you, a Mug Brownie is better! No icing necessary, just warm, fudgy (or cakey…you decide) goodness! I tested and tested out this recipe, I made it with egg and without, with vegetable oil, grapeseed oil and coconut oil. I made an Oreo cream cheese topping for it, I added chocolate chips and coconut chips. In the end, a straight up 3 Minute Mug Brownies the way to go, no garnish necessary, I did, however, enjoy a sprinkling of shaved coconut on top for a little crunch and my kids added caramel. If you are a chocoholic like my husband, mother, and sister, go ahead and drizzle a lil’ hot fudge over-top.
As I am not an R.D or nutritionist, nutritional information is calculated using a WordPress Plug-in.
3 Minute Mug Brownie
- 9 TBS Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 TBS grapeseed or vegetable oil
- Optional garnish: Coconut flakes shaved chocolate, chocolate chips, caramel, whipped cream or ice cream
- Lightly spray your mug with baking spray.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and stir until combined.
- Scrape into a large mug and microwave for 90 seconds (time could vary depending on your microwave). Mixture will puff up and then go back down,
- Optional garnish or add-ins include Coconut flakes, shaved chocolate, chocolate chips, caramel, whipped cream or ice cream