It’s the holiday season- and to my family, that means lots parties, good food, and even better times! One of the most requested appetizers I serve or bring to gatherings is this… it’s the BEST Hot Onion Dip around. Bonus: all you need are 5 ingredients! Trust me when I say… bring copies of the recipe with you; people will be asking for it!
This really is the BEST Hot Onion Dip! I have been making it for years and years! You will not be able to stop eating it. One taste and your family and friends will start making this…really! Collectively, this is probably the most commonly made appetizer recipe by the people in my circle of life! People typically have all 5 ingredients on-hand, so when you get quick notice of a party or someone pops by…Boom! This Hot Onion Dip will be your go-to recipe!
I captured a little pre-game fun in this video! My friend’s brothers and friends came to town to go the Army-Navy Game in Philly. One was from Florida, one from Tennessee, and the two from North Carolina. The day before the game a bunch of us hung out, caught-up, and talked trash about who was going to win. They were all army… and me,
I was rooting for Navy (since my dad is a Navy man). In spite of those differences, the one thing we could all agree on was how good this Hot Onion Dip was and how refreshing and delicious Mike’s Hard Lemonade is! Cheers to the Army for the win, it was so close… (but Navy will get you next year)!
This was some effortless entertaining: the easiest dip ever!
What Is An Easy Party Appetizer To Make?
THIS! This Hot Onion Dip takes just 5 ingredients to make (really just 4 but I am counting the black pepper, lol). You can have it mixed and in the oven in literally 5-6 minutes.
What Variations Can I Make To This Hot Onion Dip?
It is spectacular on its own, however, you can add in lump crab meat (that has been drained), or diced jalapeno’s for a nice kick. You can add-in frozen, thawed spinach that has been squeezed dry or chopped artichokes that have been blotted dry.
How Do You Make Hot Onion Souffle Dip?
This is literally one of the easiest part appetizers or snacks you will ever make! Just dump 1 cup of mayonnaise, 1 cup of Parmesan cheese, 1 (one) 8-ounce package of cream cheese (softened), 1 chopped medium onion (about 1 1/4 cups) and a good amount of black pepper into a bowl and mix until combined.
Scrape the mixture into a small casserole dish and bake for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees. YUM!
I hope you love this super simple yet seriously delicious dip as much as my family and friends do!
- 1 8oz package of cream cheese, softened (as a gal from Philly, I adore the one and only Philly Cream Cheese)
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, diced (about a heaping cup full)
- 1 tsp pepper
- Serve with pretzels, slices of crusty bread, or crackers
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all the above in a bowl and mix until smooth.
- Scrape into a baking dish. Bake for about 20-25 minutes or until the top browns – the browner it gets the more flavorful it will be.
- Note: Don’t cook at higher than 375 degrees or you run the risk of separating your cheese which will make the dip greasy. For best results, don’t use low-fat anything. When making this Hot Onion Dip, you’ve got to live it up!