Have you ever made something crazy-simple and people go nuts for it? Like ser-i-ously nuts!
If you do…What is it? I need to know!
I mean, you can spend 2 hours on a dish (or more) and think it is perfection, right? Then ehhh, no one really says anything. But then…you throw something together in literally 10 minutes and its talked about and requested for years! Am I right? What the heck people, lol!
These Blackened Tuna Bites are spicy and deliciously spectacular!
The better the tuna, the better the bite!
I threw it together as an additional offering years ago at a summer BBQ we hosted, it may have been on the 4th of July and everyone loved it! So many people have asked how to make them or asked to have me make them for them ever since.
I swear its always the easy dishes that get people!
These crazy-simple Blackened Tuna Bites are something I make about twice a year. My husband had been asking for them for the past few weeks and I was dying to try out my new OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Low Griddle Pan so make them I did!
The pan did not disappoint! These may just be the prettiest Blackened Tuna Bites I have made, they literally glided across the OXO Griddle with just a bit of oil!
The OXO Good Grips Non-Stick Pro Cookware line features effortless food release and overall superior performance. Each piece offers a thoughtful design, from heavy-gauge anodized aluminum and stay-cool stainless steel handles to drip-free pouring edges and a dishwasher safe coating. The German-engineered, PFOA-free, 3-Layer Non-Stick coating allows for effortless food release with minimal oil or butter, and the durable, scratch-resistant, Hard-Anodized Aluminum construction ensures superior heat conduction and even cooking. The contoured, comfortable handles stay cool to the touch and are riveted to provide a secure grip. The durable, all-metal construction is perfect for all stovetops, except induction, and can move directly from the stovetop to oven (oven-safe up to 430°F/220°C). The Non-Stick Pro Cookware line is dishwasher safe for quick and easy cleanup. The 11 inch Square Low Griddle is great for pancakes, grilled cheese and more.
I have to say, I am a huge fan of OXO Products. I honestly can not think of a single one of their products that have ever let me down. Daily, I must use a minimum of 3-5 OXO products, lol! My favorites? I am smitten with their POP Containers…I can never get enough of them, they are life-altering my friends! They make storing snacks neatly, organized and in whatever portion you choose SO easy!
My pantry is awesome & organized for well over a year due to them. I started picking up a couple each time I went shopping then bit the bullet and bought a box-full! Worth every penny! This summer I hope to set up a snack area with some more of them in the “Tween Lounge”. My kids & their friends will flip!
My second favorite tool (and my kids fav as well…well, that and the cherry pitter) is the Strawberry Huller…How did I live without this tool before last summer, plus its so cute!? Third favorite, hmmm…that is tough! I may have to go with the tongs! I use them all the time!
I can trust OXO with so many parts of the cooking and baking process, so now I am excited at the new line of Non-Stick Pro Line Pots and Pans. Love it when I can count on a company to always make products that live up to what it is they are to do. OXO for sure is on my short list of Brands that do just that!
For the Tuna Bites I swear by Chef Paul Prudhomee Seafood Magic or Blackened Seafood Magic Spices – they are seriously fantastic and I have been using them for years! Chef Paul is a Louisiana native and a heck of a chef – he know’s his stuff!
Call them blackened, call them spicy…whichever, I just call them good!
Recipe Blackened Tuna Bites
- Tuna Bites
- 1 pound piece good quality tuna steak
- 2 TBS grapeseed or olive oil
- 3 TBS Paul Prudhomme Seafood Magic used above or Blackened Seafood Magic or whichever blackening seasoning you enjoy best
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 TBS relish
- Few dashed Worcestershire sauce
- A squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- A dash or two of Cayenne pepper
- Lightly coat your tuna in a bit of oil.
- Cut the tuna steak into bite sized cubes.
- Gently pres tuna cubes down into the seasoning mixture and coat all sides with it.
- Place coated tuna pieces on a plate.
- Heat 1 1/2 - 2 TBS of oil in a non-stick griddle or skillet until very hot but not smoking.
- Place tuna pieces into the pan and cook over high med-heat until each side of the cube is cooked and golden brown/blackened.
- You need to move quick so the tuna doesn't cook all the way through. Total cook time should not exceed 2-3 minutes if you still want your tuna pink inside.
- If you want it rarer, you need to cook it even less.
- Remove each tuna piece (based on size) as soon as it is done and plate.
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl and mix until smooth and creamy.
- Eat the tuna alone or with some of the sauce...either way, enjoy!