Want delicious crispy potatoes easily? Air Fryer Red Potatoes are just the thing you need! They are quick to make, tasty and easily customizable!
I love potatoes so much! I'll take them any way you want to give them to me (except for boiled with cabbage, yuck! Sorry to my Irish ancestors). Potatoes are so versatile and can be flavored in so many ways plus they are actually quite good for you.
When I peel potatoes for one reason or another, I save the skins and make a snack my whole family enjoys, also in the air fryer.
If you have never made Air Fryer Potato Skins, you need to try them! You will be crunching happily potato chip style in 10 minutes or less!
Making Air Fried Red Potatoes takes less time than roasting them in the oven and uses less power too. PLUS it doesn't heat up the kitchen the way oven roasted potatoes do. Save those for the colder months.
Enjoy this recipe for Air fryer red potatoes as is or serve them tapas style with a roasted garlic aioli or sriracha or chipotle mayo. YUM!
- Red potatoes (or your favorite type of potato)
- Grapeseed, avocado or olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Seasoning - paprika, onion powder, garlic powder or which ever seasoning you may enjoy
Why you will love this red potatoes in air fryer recipe:
Not only are air fryer red potatoes easy to make, you can make them in less than ½ the time vs roasting them in the oven. So efficient in time, and utilities plus if its warm out it wont heat up your kitchen the way an oven would, Winning! You can also customize the flavor of the potatoes and pair them with just about anything.
- Swap red potatoes for russet, white, yellow fingerling or your favorite variety
- Change up seasoning with things like Cajun, Old Bay, cayenne pepper. Using powdered buttermilk along with onion powder and dried parsley will give you a sour cream and onion flavor. The options for flavoring these are limited to your imagination.
- Serve as is or alongside a dipping sauce like garlic aioli, Cajun remoulade, sriracha mayo, sriracha ketchup, blue cheese, etc. Makes an excellent tapas offering!
- If you enjoy onions in your potatoes, sauté up a small pan of onions to toss in with them just before serving.
- Add in fresh chopped/minced herbs like Rosemary, Oregano, Thyme, Chives, etc. a few minutes before finished cooking, toss with additional melted butter or oil.
- So many ways to flavor red potatoes in air fryer or any variety of potatoes!
You may also enjoy these recipes:
- Sweet Potato Bread - I swear you will fall in love with this moist & flavorful dessert bread made from sweet potatoes. One of my favorite treats!
- Cheesy Ham & Potato Cakes - the perfect way to use up leftovers!
- Give my Loaded Potato Soup a try, its a family favorite!
- Mashed Potato Pie - The best thing to come of leftover mashed potatoes BUT scrumptious enough to make potatoes to make it!
Air Fryer Red Potatoes
- 2 pounds small red potatoes (or full sized) cut into small bite sized pieces
- ½ TBS grapeseed, olive oil or avocado oil
- ½ TBS melted butter
- 1 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Clean your potatoes and cut into small bite sized pieces. The smaller the cut, the faster they will cook and the more uniform the size of the potatoes the more even they will cook.
- Toss potatoes into a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil and melted butter, tossing to coat.
- Sprinkle on seasonings, toss to coat.
- Set your air fryer to 380 for 20 minutes toss potatoes at the 10 minute mark (halfway through)
- Check potatoes at the 16 minute mark. They may be done to your liking or let them go 20 minutes. Depends on your air fryer as well as the size of your potatoes.
- Enjoy as is or drizzle with additional melted butter or seasoned oil and/or additional seasoning. Or you can drizzle with a garlic aioli, Cajun remoulade or spicy ketchup