I have been making this recipe for Easy Homemade Pizza Muffins since my kids were very young and it is still a family favorite! Bonus, adults enjoy these as much as the kids do.
You can literally make the batter for these Easy Pizza Puffs in minutes and the recipe is easy enough that the kids can take the lead or make them independently. The ingredients for this recipe are ingredients I almost always have in my pantry and fridge, that is if my family hasn’t devoured any pepperoni I have stashed away (I do try to hide some, haha).
Since this recipe for Pizza Muffins is so easy and always a hit, I make them when we are away, when the kids have kids over, sleepovers etc. They call them Pizza Cupcakes.
You can easily customize these pizza muffins as well. You can make them meatless, combine other cheeses, add in crumbles cooked sausage, even some types of chopped veggies.
In my opinion these are best enjoyed hot from the oven.
You can make Easy Homemade Pizza Muffins full size in traditional cupcake pan or in a mini muffin pan. I like using these silicone pans for these, they pop right out. I will never get over how easy these are to use. Silicone baking pans
Ingredients To Make Homemade Pizza Muffins
The ingredients you will need are flour, baking powder, grated Parmesan cheese, dried Italian seasoning (you can also swap for fresh if you have any on-hand), milk, shredded mozzarella cheese, pepperoni. I like to use the thin slices of pepperoni found in bags at the market. Although we do love to but pepperoni sticks, I have never sliced them down to use in these. They would work, they would just be thicker and take longer to slice and chop in my opinion. Serve pizza sauce on the side for dipping as well as additional shredded Parmesan cheese for dusting if you like.
Expert Tips For Making Pepperoni Pizza Puffs
- You can literally make this batter in minutes, for that reason I say make it fresh and enjoy them warm for the oven at their best.
- My kids have taken leftovers to school for lunch.
- You can omit the pepperoni if you wish to make these meatless. Just add a little more seasoning and a little more cheese.
- Feel free to add in other cheeses to this, say half mozzarella and half Parmesan, Pepper Jack, Monterey Jack or whatever you have on hand you think you would enjoy.
- Make pizza muffins in full size muffin/cupcake pans or in mini. Both turn out well, just cook the full sized a few extra minutes.
- Silicone baking pans are great for these, the muffins pop right out.
- You can easily double the recipe.
- Using pre-sliced thin pepperoni helps make this a fast & easy recipe to make, just cut them in quarters in small piles.
This is a perfect recipe to let the kids help out on or let tweens and teens take the lead on. When kids help out with or make recipes, they at least try them, plus cooking with the kiddos at any age become memorable moments. I hope these fun & delicious Easy Homemade Pizza Muffins become a staple in your home just like they are in ours XO!
Easy Homemade Pizza Muffins
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 TBS Italian seasoning
- 1 cup milk
- 1 whole egg, beaten
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped pepperoni
- salt & pepper Optional
- Serve with pizza sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine flour, baking powder, grated Parmesan and Italian seasoning in a bowl and whisk to combine.
- Add in the milk, beaten egg, mozzarella cheese, pepperoni (and S&P if adding) and mix with a spatula until just incorporated. No need t overmix.
- Scoop batter into your pan (spray with cooking spray if using traditional muffin pans, or use silicone) and bake 18-20 minutes or until done to your liking.
- Serve immediately alongside pizza sauce for dipping.