I think my favorite part of Thanksgiving may be the desserts! Who is with me on this?? Here are 10 amazing Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes for you to take a look at. I just know one of these will catch your eye!
The Pumpkin Pie Cheesecake Shooters above are not only super easy to make, they are festive and fun to eat! The recipe for these are at the bottom of this post in the recipe box.
You can use disposable shooter cups like these they even have spoons!!
I’m pretty sure I never let myself become full at dinner just so I can taste as many desserts as possible! its how i came up with these amazing Thanksgiving dessert recipes too. As a matter of fact, I ask each of my kids as well as each of my nieces and nephews to each make a dessert for Thanksgiving. That way, they each contribute to the holiday. Plus they get a moment in the spotlight when they share what dessert they brought and then puff up at the resulting ooh’s and ah’s, love that! It’s am amazing Thanksgiving tradition too!
Which Thanksgiving desserts are typically on your holiday table?
You can not go wrong with a cheesecake on Thanksgiving! I have been making this “Turtle” Cheesecake / Chocolate & Caramel Cheesecake since I was about 20 years old. It’s so yummy!
This one is a show stopper! Think of it as an edible history lesson AND a centerpiece dessert all-in-one! Quite a few teachers have written me over the years after trying this with their classes, seriously love that! You see, the Pilgrims did not have flour to make any sort of pumpkin pie as we know it. What they did however was fill pumpkins with a custard filling, and roast them in the fire. As you serve the chilled custard, bits of the remaining roasted pumpkin mingle with the custard and its just so delicious!
This is my take on The Original Pumpkin Pie like the Pilgrims made it.
It doesn’t matter what time of year it is or what holiday it is. My Prize Winning Key Lime Pie is always a hit! You can’t beat the refreshing taste plus, its SO darn easy to make!
Call it Nantucket Pie or Cranberry Pie, the funny thing is its not actually a pie!
This vintage New England dessert recipe always wows the room on Thanksgiving and Christmas! Its super easy to make and one bite will have everyone asking for the recipe!
More Amazing Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes to try:
Mini Apple Raisin Bread Puddings with Whiskey Sauce (yum!), for the kiddos these Chocolate Candy Apple Slices, this Pumpkin Crunch Cake goes fantastic with Thanksgiving breakfast, brunch, coffee or tea, and if you are short on time, here are 10 ways to top a store-bought cheesecake. Your secret is safe with me!
This post was originally published in November, 2015. It was updated November 9, 2020. It also includes an affiliate link, where if you happen to click on it and purchase my suggestion, I receive a nominal payment.
10 Amazing Thanksgiving Dessert Recipes
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 16 oz sour cream
- 1 small box vanilla instant pudding 3 oz
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 1/2 TBS Pumpkin Pie Dip Mix*
- 20 Gingersnap cookies Sweetzles or similar
- 3 TBS melted butter
- In your mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese and sour cream and mix on medium speed until smooth. Add in the pudding mix, sugar, vanilla and pumpkin pie spice. Mix on medium for 3 minutes more.
- Crush the gingersnaps in your food processor (or just smash them into crumbs in a plastic bag). Add in the butter and pulse until combined. Place in a small bowl and set aside.
- In shooter cups, wine glasses or whatever you may be using, first spoon enough of the gingersnap mixture to cover the bottom. Then spoon or pipe in some cheesecake mixture, Then another layer of gingersnap mixture, then spoon or pipe in second layer of cheesecake mixture, then sprinkle some pumpkin pie spice mix over top.
- Keep cold until ready to serve or transport. These really are so easy, people will think you worked harder than you actually did