Who is ready for the holiday season?? I know I sure am! Bring on the twinkling lights and festive foods, please! I'm a Moscow Mule lover, so with just a little change you can make this festive Cranberry Moscow Mule. Cheers!
Many of us have a holiday cocktail or two we can't wait to make. What's yours??
Growing up, whenever my parents entertained or at family gatherings, Whisky Sours were happening. I still have a soft spot for those to this day and always order them out in the winter months. BUT I also have a thing for Moscow Mules, all year long actually.
I have had Mules made with whiskey which are also delish! To give the traditional Moscow Mule a festive holiday vibe, I make them as Cranberry Moscow Mules aka Christmas Moscow Mules. The red cranberries, the green lime and or sprig of rosemary, just so pretty!
Table of Contents
Christmas Mules studded with cranberries, lime wedges and rosemary are festive, tasty and easy to make which during the busy holiday season, is a good thing!
- Ginger Beer
- Cranberry Juice
- Fresh Cranberries
- Fresh lime
- Sprigs of Rosemary
That's it, super simple. The better the ingredients, the better your cocktail will be.
You can get extra fancy by making some sugared cranberries to have on hand. Then simply plop some into the drink or thread 4 or 5 onto a toothpick or small wooden skewer to garnish the drink.
I am obsessed with sugared cranberries. It's the first thing I make when fresh cranberries hit my market! I eat them as a snack, lol! A handful or so a couple of times a day.
- The better your ingredients, the better your cocktail
- Do not make a pitcher of these ahead of time, make them fresh. What you could do is make a small pitcher of the vodka and cranberry, and then use that to make the drinks, one at a time.
- To start, fill each cup/glass with crushed ice (it really does make a difference with a Mule. If you have copper Moscow Mule Mugs, use them. They truly keep the drink cold! And they are just so fun to drink from!
- Fresh Rosemary is the perfect accent to a number of Thanksgiving and Christmas cocktails. It not only looks super-cute and festive, it smells wonderful too!
Here are a few other festive recipes using fresh cranberries:
Nantucket Pie / Cranberry Pie - This is a must for every holiday table, its gorgeous and delicious different! And no, it is definitely not a pie (and soooo easy!!).
This twist on Irish Soda Bread is both festive, more cake-like and perfect for breakfast, brunch or tea! Cranberry Soda Bread.
Shop This Post
Nutritional information calculated via a WordPress plugin. Affiliate links are in this post, if you click on one and happen to buy an item, I may receive a small commission.
Cranberry Moscow Mule
- crushed ice
- 3 oz vodka
- 3 oz cranberry juice cocktail
- 4 oz ginger beer
- Lime wedges
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- fresh cranberries (optional)
- Fill your cups with ice (I like it crushed for these).
- Add in the vodka, cranberry and ginger beer.
- Squeeze in the lime, give it a quick stir.
- Garnish with cranberries, lime wedge and Rosemary and enjoy!
- Repeat! For a make ahead tip, see the note section.