Who is ready for the holiday season?? I know I sure am! Bring on the twinkling lights and festive foods, please! I’m a Moscow Mule lover, so with just a little change you can make this festive Cranberry Moscow Mule. Cheers!
We all have holiday cocktail or two we can’t wait to make…What’s yours??
Growing up, whenever my parents entertained or at family gatherings, Whisky Sours were happening. I still have a soft spot for those to this day and always order them out in the winter months. BUT I also have a thing for Moscow Mules, all year long actually. I have had Mules made with whiskey which are also delish! To give Mules a holiday twist, I make them as Cranberry Moscow Mules.
They are festive and tasty and easy to make which during the busy holiday season, is a good thing!
Ingredients To Make A Cranberry Moscow Mule:
- Ginger Beer
- Cranberry Juice
- Fresh lime
- Sprigs of Rosemary
That’s it, super simple. The better the ingredients, the better your cocktail will be.
How To Make a Cranberry Moscow Mule
- Cranberry juice
- Fresh cranberries (optional but festive)
- Sprigs of fresh Rosemary
If you are feeling festive, you may as well, go all the way by grabbing a bag of fresh cranberries and some fresh Rosemary. You can get extra fancy by making some sugared cranberries to have on hand. Then simply plop some into the drink or thread 4 or 5 onto a toothpick or small wooden skewer to garnish the drink.
Fresh Rosemary is the perfect accent to a number of Thanksgiving and Christmas cocktails. It not only looks super-cute and festive, it smells wonderful too!
Tips On Making The Perfect Cranberry Moscow Mule
- The better your ingredients, the better your cocktail
- Do not make a pitcher of these ahead of time, make them fresh. What you could do is make a small pitcher of the vodka and cranberry, and then use that to make the drinks, one at a time.
- To start, fill each cup/glass with crushed ice (it really does make a difference with a Mule. If you have copper Moscow Mule Mugs, use them. They truly keep the drink cold! And they are just so fun to drink from!
Here are a few other festive recipe ideas using cranberries:
Nantucket Pie / Cranberry Pie – This is a must for every holiday table, its gorgeous and delicious different! And no, it is definitely not a pie (and soooo easy!!).
This twist on Irish Soda Bread is both festive, more cake-like and perfect for breakfast, brunch or tea! Cranberry Soda Bread.
Shop This Post
Nutritional information calculated via a WordPress plugin. Affiliate links are in this post, if you click on one and happen to buy an item, I may receive a small commission.
Cranberry Moscow Mule
- crushed ice
- 3 oz vodka
- 3 oz cranberry juice cocktail
- 4 oz ginger beer
- Lime wedges
- Fresh rosemary sprigs
- fresh cranberries (optional)
- Fill your cups with ice (I like it crushed for these).
- Add in the vodka, cranberry and ginger beer.
- Squeeze in the lime, give it a quick stir.
- Garnish with cranberries, lime wedge and Rosemary and enjoy!
- Repeat! For a make ahead tip, see the note section.