I can NOT get enough watermelon. No really, I think my skin is taking on a reddish hue!
I am almost embarrassed to say that on one more than one occasion, just in the past 2 weeks alone, I have eaten 1/4 to 1/2 watermelon all-by-myself! I may have eaten a whole one in a 24 hour period, and I am not finished yet! They are just SO good this year!
So of course I would also gravitate towards a making a watermelon cocktail or two. After all…I do love my cocktails, lol!
If you are looking for something a little different…give this a whirl (ha-ha…literally in your blender or Vitamix) and enjoy!!
Pureed watermelon, good vodka, ice, lime and simple syrup is all you need to make this pretty, fun and refreshing Watermelon & Lime Vodka Cocktail!
Watermelon & Lime Vodka Cocktail
- 2 heaping cups watermelon chunks
- 1/2 cup of the watermelon juice that results from cutting the melon
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- Simple syrup to taste see notes
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup Vodka
- Watermelon balls or triangles and lime segments for garnish
- Place watermelon chunks and watermelon juice in your blender, give it a whirl until it is pureed.
- Add in lime juice and simple syrup and pulse until combined, taste and adjust to your preference of sweetness.
- Add in 1/2 cup vodka, pulse and taste. Adjust to your preference for sweetness and strength.
- Fill tall glasses with ice, and pour mixture over-top.
- Garnish with watermelon balls and lime. Serve.
If you like a little fizz in your cocktails, add in a splash or two of club soda or lemon-lime soda.