These Christmas Breakfast Bagels make a great Christmas brunch idea or Thanksgiving breakfast idea! These cream cheese and pomegranate topped bagels are so pretty & festive! Better yet, they are delicious!
In my last post, I shared an easy Pomegranate Salsa. On a whim, I decided to drizzle some of the honey lime syrup I made for that on a bagel, top that with cream cheese (I do love my Philly Cream Cheese...I am a Philly girl after all) then top it with some of the Pomegranate Salsa.
Oh-my-gosh was this delicious! I literally couldn't stop eating it! To the point, I ate nothing again until dinner because I ate so much, lol! I just kept going back for more.
How about serving festive Christmas Bagels for Christmas brunch or Thanksgiving breakfast?
These festive cream cheese and pomegranate bagels make a pretty good snack, are a great offering for your vegetarian friends and kids would enjoy them as well.
I personally loved the punch from the jalapenos and red onions. If you decide to make these for kids, you may want to leave out the onion and jalapeno and dice up some green pepper or simply just use scallion tops or parsley for the green.
OR add a little, after all I know I have slowly introduced more and more heat into my kids foods and now they are pros at enjoying food that way!
- Pomegranate Salsa with Honey Lime Drizzle - Recipe found here
- Cream cheese
- Keeping with the festive theme, swap pomegranate seeds for chopped strawberries in the salsa recipe.
- Swap pomegranate seeds for chopped kiwi, added in a few speckles of seeds for a pop or color and crunch.
Bagel Toppings Ideas for Brunch
- There are so many options that you can top a bagel with, any type of fruit mingling with cream cheese is delicious
- Fig jam and cream cheese. Or any sort of fruit jam
- Hot pepper Jelly and cream cheese
- Everything bagel seasoning and cream cheese
- Cream cheese and chives or scallions
- Cream cheese, capers, dill, smoked salmon & red onion
- Peanut butter & Nutella
- So many options, these are just a few ideas. Set ingredients out for a DIY Bagel Bar, Yum!!
Did you know? Pomegranates are SO good for you and they have such an interesting flavor and texture to them that adding these fun and tasty Christmas Bagels to your table, once pomegranates become available each season, will be something you do on more than just Christmas!!
Even though they really do look like a Christmas wreath!
Hope your plans for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays are falling into place! So much to do, but so worth it!
You may also enjoy these holiday recipes
- Holiday Goat Cheese Appetizer - So easy, festive and tasty!
- Cranberry Pie aka Nantucket Pie - A vintage New England Christmas and Thanksgiving dessert, rave reviews always!
- Cranberry Soda Bread - Always wows the room!
- Christmas Wassail - A classic!
Festive Christmas Bagels
- Pomegranate Salsa with Honey Lime Drizzle find recipe here
- Cream cheese
- Cut your bagels in half. Decide if you want them toasted or not (I like mine not toasted).
- Using a spoon, spread a bit of the honey lime syrup onto each bagel half, then spread a nice amount of plain cream cheese onto each half.
- Top with Pomegranate Salsa, pushing down just a bit to help secure it and enjoy!
These actually look really delicious
Maja Harder says
Haha ahh this is so cute. I am a vegetarian and have actually been looking for some festive snacks to make for Christmas. Will definitely try these.
Looks so delicious, I love bagels and cream cheese, I am betting the extras are tasty to. Definitely something I will be trying this Christmas.
Looks so delicious, I love bagels and cream cheese, I am betting the extras are tasty to. I will definitely be trying this during Christmas time.