Saucer-sized Ham & Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits paired with a small salad make for a satisfying lunch or dinner. A delicious way to use up leftover ham!
Fresh, hot biscuits pulled from the oven beg to be gobbled up! I like my food hot, always have. I have no problem juggling a hot biscuit from hand to hand as I pull it apart and pop it into my mouth. Something like that is one of life's simple pleasures.
It takes little effort to make a batch of Ham & Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits, you can use a biscuit cutter or simply just "drop" them off a spoon onto your baking sheet.
No real precision is needed. In no time you will be happily munching on a fresh, warm bundle of comfort!
Biscuits are also a great recipe to let your kids take the reigns on. Think of how excited they will be, whether 5 or 15 when they place their creation on your dinner or holiday table! Love that!
Put as much ham and cheese in the biscuits as you like. If you want them extra cheesy...go for it, extra ham? Add away!
I made recipes last week using leftovers from a Hatfield Ham we had enjoyed for dinner. A good ham is always delicious however I like what I can make from the leftover ham even better!
I made this Ham & Cheese Hash Brown Bake, which is perfect for a weekend breakfast or feeding a crowd. I also made macaroni and cheese with a Cuban Sandwich in mind and came up with this Cuban Sandwich Style Mac & Cheese which I have to say is the best mac & cheese I have made to-date!
This recipe for Ham & Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits is not an official sponsored post with Hatfield, I had additional ideas when I was working on my previous posts so I figured I would share it with you and since my household enjoys all things Hatfield I am happy to talk them up! I always enjoy talking about things I like here on SB...Speaking of which, I spent the last few days re-watching bits and pieces of Downtown Abbey during the PBS Downton Abbey Marathon. Sigh....I wish it was still on! And if there really will be a movie, for me it will be my most anticipated movie-going ever.
Seriously Downton Abbey the best TV show I have ever watched! I couldn't even say who my favorite character is...However the interactions and friendship of Violet Crawley and Isobel Crawley fascinate me, and the quotes that emerge from Violet Crawley aka Dame Maggie Smith are so spot on! If you have never watched Downtown Abbey...I envy you. I wish I could watch again with fresh eyes 🙂
My husband never believes that his sci-fi loving gal could be so smitten with a show such as DA. Little does he know!
Ham & Cheese Buttermilk Biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt more or less to taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper more or less to taste
- 7 individual TBS COLD butter
- ¾ cup shredded cheese cheddar, Pepper jack or blend
- ¾ cup diced ham
- ½ cup scallions sliced thin or chives more or less to taste
- drizzle of honey optional
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and pepper and whisk to blend.
- Cut in cold butter with a pastry cutter or fork intil crumbly (you could also do just this stage in your food processor).
- Add cheese, ham and scallions and toss to combine.
- Make a well in the center of the mixture, add buttermilk and honey if using and gently stir it together with a fork or spatula until combined. Don't over-mix.
- You can then scatter flour on your counter or parchment paper and form dough into a square and cut into biscuits with a biscuit cutter or simply scoop 2-3 TBS (or a cookie scoop) at a time and drop on your baking sheet (lined with parchment paper or lightly greased). Or form into a rectangle and cut into square or rectangle biscuits.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until done to your liking. Making traditional sized biscuits will yield about a 10 biscuits.
Right on time! I have so much ham left over!.
these look incredible! definitely adding them to my to-make list!
FIVE Stars!! My Go-To Ham&Cheese Biscuit recipe. I omit the chives, and add 1 cup of ham and 1 cup of cheddar. I also drizzle butter over hot biscuits, because there’s no such thing as too much butter!!
Move over Paula and Martha!!
Yay! And YES, no such thing as too much butter!! I always wonder what it is I actually crave...Good bread or biscuits OR THE BUTTER!! Haha!
I never thought to add the ham to the biscuit mix. Great idea!
Ham in and on all the things 🙂
This is such a great idea to use up some leftover ham, plus would be great to go in a lunch box.
Yes, my daughter has taken this over the years for lunch.
Carlos at Spoonabilities says
I am printing this recipe. From now one, you will be my first source to find breakfast ideas. I guess this is the advantage of having a family because you become very creative!
Thanks Carlos! Having kiddos to cook for does make it fun!
Eileen Kelly says
I just made a ham and got an extra delivery of flour. I cannot wait to make these biscuits. Yum
Hope you enjoy!!
Jersey Girl Cooks says
Yum! I have leftover ham in the freezer from a Easter. Now I know what to use it for!
Anne Lawton says
we love homemade biscuits. And love thathes have ham and cheese in them!
Always searching for new leftover ham ideas- love this one!!!
These are delicious!! Thank you for sharing!
So glad you enjoyed them Dora!