Anyone who knows me knows that I am a cookie monster!! Homemade cookies may just be my favorite food group, lol! These White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti are AMAZING and a must make!
As you can see from various recipes on my website and TikTok, I am a cranberry lover! The second fresh cranberries hit the market, POOF I am there!
I stock up and freeze some as well, however I also love dried cranberries. My oldest and I eat dried cranberries by the handful all-year-long. I dream of going to a cranberry harvest, I would LOVE that!!
Whether you adore cookies, biscotti or cranberries, this cranberry biscotti recipe is for you!!
Many people have never made biscotti, I am not sure why people think making biscotti is difficult. It is quite the opposite in my opinion. I think they are easier than making traditional cookies.
I make a variety of biscotti flavors. Pumpkin, eggnog, caramel cappuccino, carrot cake and more (for all published biscotti recipes, click here). HOWEVER this these White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies = Chef's kiss! My son & I can't stop making & eating them!
Table of Contents
- baking powder
- white chocolate
- dried cranberries
- Use parchment paper.
- Use a large baking sheet (since you will be cutting into biscotti on the baking sheet).
- You can choose to bake this as one large loaf or two smaller loaves. If baking in one loaf you will end up with the larger/longer biscotti typically associated with coffee shops. BUT they are more delicate when flipping and prone to breaking, so be gentle and bake an extra 5-7 minutes before cutting.
- I like to add in some of my spiced sugar to this as well as sprinkle some on top. You can vary the flavor by adding in cinnamon, cardamom, more vanilla or even orange zest.
- I like my biscotti still a bit soft in the middle. If you want it rock hard, bake for an additional 3-5 per side and/or keep the oven temp at 350 the whole time.
- Allow biscotti to completely cool before storing.
Store in an air tight container or baggie and these will keep well for a week or more (if they last that long!).
Place in large mason jars or see-through gift bags, decorate with ribbon and this is a great food gift idea or host/hostess gift idea!
Recipes to try
- Pizzelle's - My favorite cookie ever!! Recipe from a (long closed iconic Philadelphia bakery).
- Candy Cane Meringue Cookies - Fun & festive!
- Brownie Cookies - If you know you know!
White Chocolate Cranberry Biscotti
- ½ cup 1 stick butter, room temp softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 TBS vanilla
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 4 oz chopped white chocolate bar (Ghirardelli is recommended) or ¾ cup (or more if you like) Ghirardelli white chocolate chips
- 1 cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
- Optional: Decorators sugar for the top of the loaf
- preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix butter, sugar and vanilla until incorporated.
- Add eggs, and mix until smooth.
- Add in dry ingredients, white chocolate and cranberries and mix until incorporated and smooth.
- Remove dough from bowl and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- (Make one large or two equal logs, I prefer 2). Halve the dough and roll the dough into a foot long log. Making it even in thickness and height. Smack the dough into shape, patting end in so they are of similar width.
- Allow 1.5-2 inches inches between each dough logs and side of the pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. (if baking one log bake for 32 minutes)
- Remove from oven.
- Lower oven to 325 degrees.
- Allow biscotti to stand 3 minutes.
- Carefully cut into ½ inch wide slices with a large sharp chefs knife
- Turn slices onto one size, allowing a little space between each.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and carefully flip each piece to the opposite side.
- Bake for 10 more minutes.
- ***If you want rock hard biscotti, do not lower oven temp and cook an additional 3-5 minutes per side.